After the tents were set up and sleeping bags unrolled, it was time for a little fun.
The kids got their swimming suits on and headed up to the pond. It was much cleaner looking than last year.
Carly hadn't brought her swimming suit because she hadn't thought to go but it looked so inviting and cool she reconsidered. She borrowed shorts from Jacob and they all convened on the little dock.
They started egging each other to jump on the swingy thing..
Jacob went first...
It looked so fun Samantha thought she'd give it go
"Come on Sammy, it's fun!"
Samantha's having a hard time deciding but Jacob doesn't mind killing a little time trying to recover from his less than impressive Thor impression earlier....
While Samantha thinks about it... Rachel gives it a go...
And off she goes!
The water's not that cold! Come on Samantha!
I Love when they help each other and are nice to each just because they think of it themselves!
Samantha grabs the chain, she's going to do it this time!
ummm.... I'm pretty sure I'm going to jump....
But not right now... cuz' I've got this itch right here....
Uh.. I totally just bent this pole by leaning on it. I'm just that strong.
You knew that right?
(Samantha still thinking)
While Samantha gathers her courage, Carly steps up to give it a try
whee!!!
and once again, my Jacob acts the gentleman, to help his sister out of the water.
Mason decides to give it a go....
and kind of loses his grip but don't worry, he had many successful leaps later
What the Heck!
Samantha gives up on swinging on the chain and just jumps in
and the fun continues
The water WAS cold but it was sunny and hot out and they had so much fun
Just playing and splashing and swimming and being together
It was a good day.
On the pond.
and to be their mom.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing this with us!
Post a Comment