Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Writer's Notebook #4: Carly









(grrr... I keep trying to fix it but every time I publish this, it puts weird spaces in... it's supposed to just be line after line)



Carly


I’m the one


who came first

opening her eyes and heart as mother

who shops with her, advises her, dreams and laughs with her- 
no subject too big or too small for us!
I’m the one

who reads and thinks and reads again

who values strength, intelligence and independent thought- 
outside the trend
who wants all the answers- Now!

but waits for the quiet whispers that illuminate

who recognizes truth and won’t turn away

even when it hurts, even when it’s hard

I’m the one

who makes plans decisively, ventures boldly,
who falls hard when dreams crumble at my feet
and yet
I’m the one
who rises from the rubble- a phoenix
with greater understanding and new direction
hesitant at first, then vision clear- I soar




I am Loyalty 

















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these they are beautiful! It would be fun to do them every year and watch how they change. You are a beautiful writer!!!!

Abby said...

This one is especially beautiful! I came to your blog because I remembered that you had blogged about a Christ Centered Easter and included my outline. My sister asked for it but I can't find it on my computer. I was glad to have a place to send her to find it! So double thanks!

Emily said...

I just read all your I Am The One poems. Beautiful! What a treasure for your children.