I remembered that when I tried to get Rachel to read it she couldn't get into it and abandoned it. I wondered, at the time, if some of the words and/or concepts were too dated since it was written in the 1950's.
So...
when I saw Samantha reading it today I said "That book was written a long time ago, when Grandma Carla was about 10 or 11, so if there are words or things you don't understand, ask me okay!"
and she replied,
"yeah.. I knew it was old because if YOU read it when you were a little kid, that's pretty old!"
Sorry mom.
Now, I know how it feels.
7 comments:
LOL That is too funny! I have had a couple small things like that happen to me to. It dates us a little.
Wow, she speaks her mind that one ha? At least she is reading it!
You can tell her that Orson, Adam, Noah, Brigham and I had a good laugh over it! Mom
Awesome! I love that girl!
At least she didn't tell you you were fat.
Not like a pig-like a big fat person! That girl tells it like it is. I kind of admire her for it! I've never read or heard of that book-how did that happen?
Ahhh, that Samantha just gets better and better all the time! As Uncle David just put it, "that Samantha sure makes you feel good about yourself". Love, love, love that little girl!
Post a Comment