Monday, May 2, 2011

If I do say so myself.....

These look really, really good.


mmmmmm....
They are good too!

(Thank you Maury for teaching me how to make pretty uniform, smooth-topped rolls like grandma used to make. I can't believe I never noticed her trick after all the time I spent at her house. You have ALWAYS been so much more observant than me.)

5 comments:

nurselynn@juno.com said...

Mmmmmmm they SMELL wonderful! (I have a good imagination..) What wonderful looking rolls. Are you going to share the secret to keeping them uniform? I bought a digital scale, but mine have never looked that pretty!

Jamie said...

Lynn, it is so easy. You just pinch off the amount that looks "roll-sized" (very very precise aren't I?), roll it into a ball and then what you do is make a circle with your left hand's thumb and pointer finger (sometimes you need to spray the finger/thumb with pan spray if your dough is a little sticky) and with your right hand push the dough up through the circle from underneath. I find that I tend to push it up with my right middle finger til the majority is through the circle. The top comes out perfectly rounded and uniform and then you plop it into the pan and it rises and looks perfect!

nurselynn@juno.com said...

Thanks, Jamie! I'll try that. Do you bake them in a 9X13 pan or a cookie sheet?

Jamie said...

13x9 pan

Roberts Family said...

Those look amazing! Breads are my weekness - I think I would even take these over chocolate covered strawberries...or maybe with them.
You are a fantastic cook Jamie!