I started this post ages ago..... Cross country season is over and she's in track but I found this and thought I'd post it so we could all remember what green grass looks like.
Rachel had an amazing season and I am so proud of her.
She is such a dedicated athlete and her health has improved so much since she started running. She used to get sick more than any of us and seemed so much more susceptible to colds and flus but she hardly gets sick anymore.
Cross Country has been an amazing gift in her life, not only with health but with great friends. There are some really great kids on this team that are good examples and good supports to each other.
She's doing track this spring. It's not cross coutnry, her first love, but she gets to hang out with alot of the same people and stay active and she likes that.
Here's a race that happened at the soccer complex here in orem long before the snow started falling, so we could go and cheer her on. Mason and I ran all over the course trying to find spots to cheer as she passed. Mark and the other kids chose the stay at the finish line approach but it was fun to run around with Mason.
So many of the kids she runs with come from very athletic families so this is a way of life....
You know from looking at Mark and I that we are not so athletic...
I'm proud of her for trying something new and finding she's good at it and pushing even though it doesn't come easy and she doensnt' get the same kind of support many of the other kids have from their families running with them and knowing about shoes and races and all that...
We do know how to cheer however...
and run around a track to snag a picture of her.
We do know how to support her that way.
It's what we can give
and I know she appreciates it.
1 comment:
Ohhh, it was so nice to see some green grass and some Bocanegras too. Miss you!
Post a Comment