Wednesday, July 16, 2008

mine...all mine!!!! wah hah hah...

As I've unexpectedly been going with a Samantha theme the last week.......
We've been noticing businesses that have all or part of Samantha's name recently.  In provo we saw  "Sammy's cafe.  She laughed deliriously and exclaimed "Stop! I want to go to my very own restaurant"  A couple of day's later she heard Mark talking about  "Sam's" club store and announced "It's pretty cool that I have my own store."

Tuesday , the day after the infamous quarter swallowing incident, She was still feeling a little forlorn. Her throat was sore and her hand was quite bruised and sore from the IV.  She turned her big brown eyes on me first thing in the morning and  asked  "Momma, would there be a time today you could  just hold me on your lap?" I suggested she go visiting teaching with me, just her! The rest of the kids could stay home with Carly and that way she could sit on my lap for a whole hour.  She did.  She just snuggled on my lap. Afterwards we stopped for a few groceries.

While at the store, she started talking about the businesses bearing her name. laughing,  saying "it would be really cool if I really had my own restaurant and my own store" 
I responded, saying, "It sure would be nice to go and get whatever we needed for free!"
Samantha sighed and said wistfully "yeah.. I could get all the cheese I wanted and some chips..."

Sam's club at her disposal and what does she go for? 
.... the cheese.............

1 comment:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Jamie!!! I just saw a link to your blog on Julie's blog. I seriously don't even recognize your kids anymore. I can't believe how much time has gone by. Well feel free to check out our blog although it's kind of boring with just the 2 of us...no kiddies yet. Not by our choice at all. :)