We had a little family birthday party for our college girl niece Kei~
She's far from her Hawaii home and turning 20!
I first met her when I was the same age she is now. I had been dating this cute boy named Mark all summer and headed to BYU-Hawaii. His sister lived there with her handsome Hawaiian husband and her little one year old babygirl. They picked me up from the airport, let me stay with them for a week until I got a dorm room and showed me around their island. I fell in love with them & their little brown-eyed baby as I dreamed of her uncle and babies of my own!
Now she's just where I was then. An ocean away from her home and trying to figure out what she wants from life and who she wants to share it with.
(and who she DOESN'T!!! Whiny, presumptious boys need not apply-)
We celebrated with
Shoyu chicken, rice, pasta salad, potato chips, blue Kool-aid,
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle and vanilla cupcakes
from her Aunties
&
Lots of advice on boys and what they're REALLY thinking
from her uncles
WE love you Kei.
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!
p.s. Kei is an incredible dancer. She worked at the polynesian cultural center on Oahu for several years and is starting a polynesian dance class for girls next week. Samantha will be attending her class. If anyone is interested in joining the class let me know, I'll get you the details on time and everything. I believe the cost will be around $30 a month and the class will be on Thursdays. We could carpool!
3 comments:
Hey Derricks brother is available. Just in case you wanted to know!:)
Nice birthday shot of all of the kids! Loved it. Wish I were there. And that strawberry cheese cake whatever sure looked good! Lv GMA Donna
Oh man! :-( Can you ask her to stick around here for the next few years and keep teaching until Kaelani's old enough to come to her classes!! I'm jealous! How fun!!!!!
Post a Comment