2 Kings 20:3 "I beseech thee, O Lord, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight"
(Hezekiah, King of Isreal, is sick and dying and has tried to lead the people from wickedness to righteousness. Isaiah is the prophet. God hears his prayers and tears and is told his life will be lengthened 15 years)
Psalms 85: 7-13 (my favorite part 10-11 in bold print)
Shew us thy mercy, O Lord, and grant us they salvation.
I will hear what God the Lord will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly.
Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him; that glory my dwell in our land
Mercy and Truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.
Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven.
Yea, the lord shall give that which is good; and our land shall yield her increase.
Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps.
John 8:32
"And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free"
2 comments:
Thanks Jamie. This is what stuck out to me & what I'm going to try to keep in my mind today: I will hear what God the Lord will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly.
Love the post Jamie, very uplifting and helped me ponder a few key words: truth, free, righteousness, kiss, peace, and mercy
Post a Comment