Monday, July 12, 2010

Prerequisites

Last night I went to bed early with a horrible stomachache and headache. It came on suddenly and within seconds it seemed, I became a sad, needy woman with my children bringing me coldpacks for my head and my ipod so I could listen to soft music while I tried to fall asleep. Falling asleep with a tummyache is kind of hard.

The kids were so solicitious, Rachel and Jacob especially....

"What can I get for you? Anything else mommy?"

Such sweet kids. It was so nice to have someone taking care of me a little bit.

As I laid there I wondered what was wrong with me. It wasn't a typical-feeling tummyache.
Was it stress?

Was it the 90 minutes of driving I did a few hours before with my 16 yr old daughter who had a couple of close calls when we practiced Parking next to cars?

Was it being gone several days to Wyoming for my grandma's funeral, getting back Friday afternoon, and trying to get back into the swing of things?

Was it that my husband was sustained as a counselor to the new bishop in our ward that morning?

Was it that, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to spell the word that means "the group that a bishop and his 2 counselors form. I usually pride myself on my spelling skills. This time, I'm stuck.....

Is it

*Bishopbrick* as in compound word? as in the bishop needs two bricks for his counselor so they can make a strong wall of leadership for the ward members to lean upon?

*Bishoprick* as in Who's Rick and why are all Bishops and their counselors named after him?

*Bishopric* as in nothing at all.... as in there doesn't seem to be enough letters to make all the sounds when I say the word but it does seem vaguely familiar.

I have a feeling I should know how to spell it. It must be a prerequisite to being able to support him...

This morning I felt a little better, still a little queasy but no headache. I got better as the day progressed. I could relapse however unless somebody tells me how to spell that word!!!!!

Help.

8 comments:

Emily said...

bishopric, pretty sure that's it. You're the one who has to be the brick. Jamiebrick. or is it Markbrick because you're his brick? :)
Glad you're feeling better, busy times! Have I told you lately that you're amazing? I wish we were neighbors & could hang out all the time.

Wendy said...

What Emily said, on all accounts. Only being a relatively close neighbor, getting to hang out all the time doesn't really happen. But when we do, what fun, what fun!

Aprilyn said...

It's Bishopric. We got a new bishopric too.

Karen Brothersen said...

Bishopric! Kinda funny looking if you ask me, but thats how you spell it. It was SO fun to see you all last night! Just like old times!

Unknown said...

Bishopric is spelled, "Don't wait up for me honey"

Abby said...

I thought of you guys on Sunday. We would have liked to have been there. This darn Census job. Is that is how it is spelled?...It doesn't look right to me for some reason.

The Bingham Family said...

Jamie it was so fun to ride with you to Wyoming! I wish all of us were neighbors:) I agree on the bishopric thing - what the heck is a ric?

The Gubler Family said...

My family never helps me when I am sick. They just come in wondering where dinner is. No matter how sick I am, it seems like I am still the one helping everyone else still. By the way, I'm impressed that you can spell a work like 'prerequisite' but not bishopric.