Saturday, September 18, 2010

Cinderella's off to the ball....


Valorie and Jessie came over at 3 to fix her hair and help her get ready. For some reason the "do" took longer to do tonight and we were all getting nervous as bobby pins were still being tucked at 4:15 and she wasn't dressed yet. He was due to arrive at 4:30 and this morning he was 10 minutes early. She grabbed her make-up bag and worked on her face as Valorie continued to curl, pin & spray
(p.s. this face paint is not a normal Valorie look. She just really enjoyed being "spirited" for the homecoming game last night and kept it up today. They are Timberwolves, hence the pawprint)
The finished product

I made her go pose outside and she was terrified that they would drive up while I was making her pose and she'd "look stupid"
So Rachel was enlisted to stand guard in the driveway to let us know if anyone was coming.

Check out the ring...

and the bracelet...

and a girl who's sick of pictures!

Then came a phone call

They're running late because the other half of their double date can't find his date's house. The poor kid was given an address that turned out to be an empty lot and now he's knocking on doors in the neighborhood asking "does Alana live here?"

So time to spare....
MORE PICTURES!!!!!



He arrives!
Pinning on the button.... bouton.....bouten....
flowers
proves to be a difficult task.
I had to take over so he didn't get stabbed.
This wise boy bought a wrist corsage.
Easy as can be!
No pinning, no awkward chest touching...

Uncle Matt was there for the BYU game and was able to give support to his brother in the "make the date incredibly anxious" department

After the flowers were on I told them I wanted a picture of them standing together. Body language was screaming "anxiety" so I had to do a little maneuvering to get a decent picture..

I said "come on, you like each other. you're friends! put your arm through his Carly!" She did and he loosened up a bit and all was well. I work with his mom and she told me it took them 6 hours to shop for his clothes. She asked him "How is it that Carly and her Mom did this in 4 hours and it's taking us 6" He replied "It was easy for her, she could pick out whatever she wanted. I have to MATCH!"
It's true, the purple is hard to match. When we bought the dress we went into a tie store in the mall and couldn't find a tie to match the hue of purple on the dress. There are a lOT of purples out there.

We gave them a piece of fabric from the piece we bought for her hair flower. His mom made that little pocket handkerchief out of it and I think he looks sharp. They did a great job of purple matching! I like the light purple shirt and darker tie.

Together they just ooze adorable.
*sigh*


And they're off.....
To the brick oven for dinner and to the canyon for pictures and then off to dance the night away....
She turns into a purple pumpkin at midnight.
He better have her home!

17 comments:

Maursupial said...

Ok, I'm finally on board with this dress. Of course, Carly could make a garbage bag look fabulous. I love that not one, but TWO friends came over to help her get ready. That's why girlfriends are the best!

word verification: wizedise. With a dad AND an uncle looking out for her, that boy BETTER be wizedise and remain a gentleman!

nurselynn said...

I love it! Love her dress and accessories, and the hair do is exceptional! They look wonderful together. ahhhh I'm all teary eyed thinking of Jamie's little girl on a date! (should still be Jamie in highschool...) What a great mom you are!

Jennifer said...

Carly looks beautiful, but then I knew she would! I hope she has fun.

The Gubler Family said...

She looks beautiful. Did you cry? Valorie came home and asked me if I would cry on her first date.

I love how the dress, hair, and all the accesories looked together. And he did such a good job matching her.

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

Carly looked fantastic and I bet they had so much fun!! I can't wait to hear about it. Jamie, I just adore your daughters. I am thrilled I can work with them in Young Women's.

Aprilyn said...

Wow. It's hard to believe she is 16 already! What a beautiful girl you have there. I hope she had a wonderful night (and that she didn't turn into a purple pumpkin).

Karen Brothersen said...

OUR CARLY GIRL IS ALL GROWN UP!!!!! It is so hard to believe. She looked absolutely stunning! And here is the spelling you were looking for... Boutonnière. I looked it up. Who knows how to spell that anyway.... NOBODY! Love you Jamie. Let us know if he had her home by midnight, and we want to see pics of the night!

Mom and Dad said...

Ahhhhhhh! That's my granddaughter! What a beauty! Gma C

Emily said...

Her hair turned out so cute! I love it! Love all her accessories & they look sharp together - so coordinated. Carly, I wish we had the same size feet, because I LOVE those shoes. Hope you had a ball!

Party of Five said...

so beautiful!!! I hope she had a fun time. She really does impress me as a young woman.

Mr Lowe said...

Wow, she is beautiful or a 1,000 cutes.

Jenafer Lowe said...

Lovely, just lovely! I got all verklempt (sp?) whilst reading this I just love the dress, love the shoes, love the niece, love everything!

Christy said...

Sorry I'm late on board here. Carly looks adorable and i have to just say "ditto" to Jenafer's comments. Love you Carly. Hope it was a great date!

Allisha said...

Oh so cute!! I can't believe she's that old--it seems like just yesterday we were living in your neighborhood and you and I were doing activity days with those girls. sigh...

Abby said...

Beautiful! I agree dressed up or dressed down, gorgeous.

Roberts Family said...

She is beautiful! How fun and maybe a little scary for you. I'm so glad all these sweet good girls are friends and they have nice good guy friends to hang out with.

Julie said...

WOW!!!!!! Carly is so beautifull! She looks so good in purple. You are awesome at taking pictures of first things. You are an awesome Mom! And you have awesome daughters in YW. I just love them to pieces!