Carly wanted a fancy "updo" for Homecoming but with her short hair we thought that might not be possible. (expecially for me...) Lucky for her she has an amazing friend, Valorie, who has been doing fancy hair since she was 3 months old.... (not really, but ALMOST!) Valorie is extremely creative. She makes jewelry and alters clothes and just always looks incredibly put together and adorable. She's funny and nice and a very good friend. She is the year between Carly and Rachel in school. This year I have been hearing from Rachel how she misses seeing Valorie at school every day and from Carly about how happy she is to have Valorie at her school now.
She came over Tuesday to see what she could do with Carly's hair. A couple hours later she gave us this........


Notice the flower Jena...
Carly's so proud of herself for making this all by herself. She says it's her only claim to being "crafty"

She loves it.

What do you think?
8 comments:
I LOVE the hair. It's adorable and fun and will fit with the dress. Bravo Valorie!
I think Carly's hair is DARLING and Valorie is a GENIUS! I always thought she was super talented though. So does Carly get to keep her hair this way all afternoon? I assume Homecoming is tonight? [p.s. love the verification word: 'stera' -- as in "We 'stera' [sic] atta da 'hair-a'" ... hahahahahaha!]
no this was just "experiment hair" done on Tuesday night. The big dance is Saturday night so Valorie will come over on Saturday and create the masterpiece once again! :)
love the word verification! :) you play the word verification game too! I haven't found a good one in a while.
p.s. I still want your talk notes.
That's like saying, " Does ice cream taste good? Of course she looks adorable! Valorie's hair always looks so cute and hard to do whenever I've seen her. Great friend! You are going to look superfantasticulous! Carly, please, just imagine your Papa sitting there w/your dad when your date comes...only he'll be holding a 30-06!
word veri: 'biest' as in it's just the biest hairdo ever!
Love you, Mom/Gma C
VERY CUTE! Good work Val! Carly would be cute in a paper sack with a ponytail though.
Love it! I am not very good at doing hair either so it is always wonderful to have a "Valorie" in your life! The flower is adorable (1,000 cutes) and funny enough, it's the only crafty thing I've ever done! Well, other than the kind of "crafty" the Beastie Boys talk about... Just kidding!!! Have SO much fun Carly Dawn, I love you and I know you will have a fabulous time and will look GORGEOUS. Make some memories!
Beautiful! I can't wait to see the entire look.
So nice to have a friend who can do such amazing things!!!
So pretty! Carly is going to be beautiful on Saturday!
Post a Comment