Friday, December 23, 2011

date night... interrupted

Did you happen to see the Home security video of some California FedEx guy tossing a package with a computer monitor over a guys fence? I guess it's been all over the news and Mark got a lot of flack today from people he delivered to. "you better not throw my package!" and "I'm watching you. You better be careful with my stuff" etc...

He miraculously got home early today and we decided it was a good night to get away from it all for a little while and go on a date.


5:00 pm Mark and I tell the kids we are going out for a bit and Rachel is in charge. We give the usual instructions. Keep the doors locked. Listen to Rachel. Be nice to each other....

5:01 pm We pull out of the garage

5:02 pm Almost out of the driveway. My cell phone rings. It's Mason. "Mom, can I have a pumpkin cookie?" Sure. ...click...

5:05 pm 400 N heading to State Street. My cell phone rings. It's Samantha. "Mom, can I have a pumpkin cookie? and also..umm.. Mason!!!?? is that you on the phone. Get off the other phone. He's always doing that mom. He knows I called to tell on him. He called me a TURD!!! He's being so rude.

Mason, are you there?

...... uhhh yeah.

It is very rude to get on the phone when someone else is making a phone call do you understand????

Yes.

Don't do it ever again.

Okay.

And stop the name calling. Do you know what a turd is?

(At this point, Mark is laughing uproariously in the driver's seat)

No

A turd is a piece of poop. You just called your sister a piece of poop. Is that a very nice thing to do?

No.

Don't do it again.

okay. ....click....

5:10 pm It's quiet for a minute while I contemplate an entire evening of the phone ringing. I decide to take charge of my date night destiny and place a call of my own.

Is Rachel there? okay. Rachel, put me on speaker phone and get all the kids around.

Okay mom. just a minute...... okay we're here.

All right, listen up! Dad and I are on a date and we'd like to enjoy our evening out together, this means do NOT call me about cookies, do NOT call me about name calling, do NOT call me about anything at all. NONE of you are allowed to call me except Rachel. Rachel, don't call me unless it's serious. OKAY???!!!!!

okay.
okay.
okay.
okay.

5:12 pm - 6:30pm Adult conversation. aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Awesome. :) Way to take charge, Jamie! I'm glad you guys had a good date night!

Wendy said...

Oh, and I was going to say, I wonder if that Fedex guy was in So. Cal. My sister often got mail tossed over the fence. Duh!!

Becki said...

LoL...this made me laugh!!! I love your descriptions and posts!!! Glad you got a date and some time out!!! Sorry I missed you this afternoon...but thanks for the treats!!! And yes you'll have to come over to have a full tour of the house!!!

Emily said...

Haha! We've so been there Jamie!

Jennifer said...

On the rare occasion that we do go out alone Christy is our babysitter and our kids could care less that we are gone!

SavSki said...

Haha, seriously laughed out loud. That is hilarious. I miss the adventures and being at your house!

Jenafer Lowe said...

SO proud of you Jamie! I'm so glad you guys got to enjoy a date night together...alone! I just wish we were there to double! Love you all!

Roberts Family said...

Thanks for posting and giving us a heads up on what we will be getting into in a few years... I can hear it all ready...lol

The Gubler Family said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!
I am still laughing!!!
That reminds me of every single date Richard and I have ever been on!!!