Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The great duck hunter

Back in November-
While Carly was getting her Senior pictures taken at the BYU arboretum, Mason and I had a little fun taking pictures of our own.

Carly usually doesn't like taking pictures. She doesn't feel very photogenic, she gets a little stiff and then the pictures don't turn out very good. It's kind of like self-fulfilling prophecy I think.
We had a very good experience on this day however and although I haven't seen the pictures yet I heard they looked great and I believe it.

She was comfortable with the photographer, whom she knows well and likes so much, and I saw some of that usual tension slip away and she looked natural and happy.

Mason and I tried to give them room and found some fun of our own with the ducks. He was enthralled with following them around. The ducks, however, did not seem so enthralled.

The ducks seemed ambivalent at first-

then wary,

then downright annoyed

and stand-offish

as the boy in blue just WOULDN'T leave them alone!

Mason, on the other hand,

was having

the time of his life!



1 comment:

Amy Sorensen said...

Gah. Hanging my head in shame. Soooooo sorry it is taking me so long! BUT! Mason had fun. ;)