
Mark had an interesting experience at work 2 days ago.....
He works a rural route which means he does a lot more driving than you might expect. He delivers in places where they don't like to put house numbers on their houses and often just make up their address (not kidding) when they order a package because nobody really knows what their house number should be because they're spread so far apart and they're out in the middle of nowhere to begin with! They frequently get quite angry at Mark when he suggests they might WANT to put a house number up. To give you a little idea about his route, sometimes he drives a half hour or more between stops.
He stopped at a house the other day and scanned the package on his scanner and walked up to the door. He saw a goat munching leisurely on some tin cans & a red shirt off the clothesline to the side of the house and didn't think much of it.

In fact, he didn't give the goat another thought until he felt it ram him in the backside.
Ouch.
It had been dehorned, thank goodness, but still apparently packed a wallop.
(which didn't surprise me. I've always understood that packing a wallop was in their job description)
He called me yesterday from the road with this observation...
"It sure hurts to drive all day after a goat butts you in the butt!"
I'm grateful that I can only imagine that he's right. I plan to steer clear of goats as much as I can and I have a feeling Mark won't be turning his back on one again soon.
If you ask him to tell the story the goat might end up looking a bit more like

this....
Round one most definitely goes to the goat
But beware ...

FedEx guy may be bruised but he is not broken.
He's stronger and wiser now and will not be taken down so easily again.
6 comments:
LoL...OUCH...poor FedEx man...but your sense of humor just makes me laugh!!! I love your pictures...and that last goat is adorable!!! LoL...you guys are too funny!!!
We'll be cheering for you next time Mark!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!
Still Laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This story is way funnier when being told in the chapel waiting room of the temple! Love you Mark, now I know the perfect gift for you...tush pads!
Matt laughed out loud when I relayed this to him. I love the progression of the three billy goats gruff.
Hilarious! Mark needs to start writing these experiences down and write a book and make millions!
Post a Comment