Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It doesn't take much


I was grateful through most of December that the snow was not falling as we had two trips to Southern Utah to make and one was extremely important. I did NOT want to be impeded by a snowstorm from making it to my sister's wedding.

But as January continued sunny and warm for the season I began to worry a bit that we weren't having a normal winter.

We were grateful this past week for our first significant snowfall.
By Significant I mean "it covered the grass". It really wasn't much as far as winter storms go

However......

It doesn't take much to have fun with snow when you're 8

He came in the house after school yesterday so excited, grabbing my hand, pulling me to the family room window.
"Mom!!! Mom!!!! come see what I made!"
I went to the window and looked and then I had to go outside to take a picture...

and everyone who was home followed of course.

And then the snowballs started flying... It doesn't take much to have fun with snow when you're 12 either...

Good Times!

3 comments:

Karla said...

Our snow was gone by the time the kids were out of school. Emily declared she hated school for it. My kids have been dying to play in the snow. I'm glad that the weather has cooperated for your travels! Great snowman Mason!

Becki said...

What do you mean...it doesn't take much when you're 28!!!! I was out that early afternoon making a snowman...and after I got Klous from school we made 4 more!!! Yay for at least SOME snow!!! Your kids are so dang cute!!!

Jenafer Lowe said...

I enjoy this combination-a few Bocanegras, a couple of in love Lowes and some snow. Good times are definitely to be had and memories will be made, I wish I could go up there and throw some snow around with ALL of you!