Carly & Rachel's high school has a tradition in the Spring called "Spirit Bowl"
There is an extended Assembly in the middle of the day where the classes compete against each other in different events like:
relay races (think the pass the orange with your neck/chin)
Human Foosball
Food eating competitions
Best costume
Dancing
etc..
There is a different Theme every year.
"Apocalypse 2012" was this year's theme...
Each class has a different Theme & color scheme within the broader theme
This year:
Seniors: Green & Zombies
Juniors: Blue & Soldiers
Sophomores: White & Humans
One day before the spirit bowl there was an after school activity where you could stay and paint a shirt with your theme.
Rachel stenciled a white T-shirt with black letters that said "We are Legend"
Carly's was a green shirt that she stenciled "Senior" and "2012" on the back
The event fell on a Friday so Carly asked if 2 friends could sleep over on Thursday night so they could go to Savers Thurs. evening to find the perfect green clothes to rip up and complete their zombie ensembles and Friday morning they could play around with makeup to ghoul each other up.
We said sure and the fun began.
Friday morning I went to wake Carly up for scriptures and found her on the couch with a bowl next to her. She had been up much of the night feeling awful. She had a blessing and started to feel better, just a little weak. She missed 1st period so I asked her to take pictures before she left as they were just starting to get ready when I left due to her rough morning.
When I got home from work I found her back on the couch...
She'd felt pretty good most of the morning but halfway through the assembly
( AFTER her orange passing relay -Thank Goodness- )
She started to have a recurrence of yucky symptoms and a friend drove her home. She was clean and showered
However, because she's such an obedient girl...
I found these on my camera-
so I will forever have zombie Carly to commemorate her Senior year!
(middle friend had to work right after school so she didn't want to get too crazy.)
She ghouled it up pretty good. I think she looks pretty awesome.
She's had to wear a splint on her wrist for the last few weeks due to some torn cartilage and she even thought of that, painting an ace bandage to wrap it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment