Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wilderness Survival 101

Uncle Will is new to our family.  He married my sister in December and brought 3 amazing, kind, fun, intelligent teenage boy cousins into our lives.  If you haven't guessed, He is pretty much all those things too.  My sister, who is pretty amazing herself, deserves such a guy!  

We loved spending a week at my parent's cabins with Maury, Will and the boys.  It was fun to get to know them better.  Jacob was in heaven having all these older boy cousins to hang out with.

Will was in the Air Force for 10 years and knows a thing or two about wilderness survival.  He was showing off his skills a bit to all the boys and Mason is the only one who decided to try it out.  I couldn't believe it-   yet I could.  Mason can be extremely fearful and extremely courageous.  He seems to be a boy of extremes and once he decides to do something... watch out. 

Eating Grasshoppers 101



He had now eaten worms, grasshoppers, ants and moths. 
yum.
He's ready for his mission I think!

2 comments:

Maursupial said...

Will is really excited that you posted this! He's pretty proud of Mason.

The Gubler Family said...

I can't believe he ate it!!! You need to keep this video and show it to the first girl he kisses. Yeah! She will be so glad to be kissing those lips.