
We arrived and got into the park before the 10am opening. We waited on main street with a couple hundred other earlybirds for the gates to open and then, on the advice of Disneyland Veteran and sis-in-law Jena, we headed for Fantasyland first. She said the numbers are lower there the first part of the day and she was right. Good plan Jena!
We rode Snow White first as that had the shortest line and as we figured out who would ride with whom I was once again reminded of my fondness for even numbers. It really irks me that my family has odd numbers but I won't give any of them up and I don't want any more so odd we shall stay. On the 2 seater rides someone had to sit alone. I didn't like that.
I really wanted a family picture by this statue but Mark is so NOT a picture guy. He finds it a serious waste of time, especially when there are rides to be ridden! He did take my picture on the carousel and let me take his so we got at least one shot of everyone at Disneyland just not together....

We headed for Mr. Toad's wild ride next! That is one I remember Loving when I was a kid and it was still great.

We have pictures of these 3 yahoos in this same car 6 years ago. I wish I had a scanner for a side by side comparison. I think Jacob was wearing a red shirt that day as well.

Kindred spirits?
fans of the toad


Off To Never Never Land
The Carousel was fun
for

the

whole

family!

However...

The Teacups are just for the kids!

While we were watching the kids spin we noticed 2 60ish Asian ladies sitting ramrod straight and expressionless in a teacup. They swirled around but did not make it spin faster with their wheel. They looked so extremely serious and out of place with all the other laughing faces it made Christy, Maury, Mark & I giggle a little.
Monkeying around at the Indiana Jones ride

Aunt christy and Aunt Maury met us there and it was great to have them along. Really helped the adult/child ration but still... Our numbers were odd. Rats!


Christy & Maury were also great to have along because they've beeen to Disneyland a lot more than we have in recent years and had good advice for where to go and when. The kids loved having them there and they especially liked the treat bags Aunt T kept pulling out of her big purse! Goldfish crackers, mini oreos, starbursts and more!
Mark once again emphasizing the point that he does NOT want to go shopping!
The only shopping he was okay with was the Corn-dog stand and the ice cream stand. YUM!
$60 to buy our family of 7 a corn-dog each that came with a bag of sliced apples and 3 bottles of water to share... ouch!
However.. The best corn-dogs we've ever eaten! seriously. We don't kid about corn-dogs in this family. The apples were good too.
I smiled real pretty and looked longingly at the frozen chocolate banana stand and Mark bought me one of those. I always loved those chocolate bananas.
We highly recommend the day after Labor day as a great time to go to Disneyland.
The lines were not very long. The weather was pretty good. I could have used a little less humidity but overall, not bad.
We rode just about everything we wanted to ride. Sadly, Space mountain was closed. It was closed the day we went 6 years ago too. I was really looking forward to that but it was not to be. We missed It's a Small World and Nemo's submarine. I wanted the kids to see those but we'll have to get to those next time.....
The Day we drove home Mark kept looking at me and smiling and saying "That was just a great day wasn't it?"
It was! The kids never complained about anything. They didn't get tired and whiny. THEY DIDN'T FIGHT!!!! Mason was still bouncing around as we waited for the shuttle to take up back the the Pinocchio parking lot. They didn't' even beg for toys... (much) Mason saw a Buzz lightyear he really wanted but didn't press the issue when we said no. They were just happy to be there as were we.
It's nice to make good memories.

8 comments:
They were still on a Disneyland high when I saw them the next day (for a second) on your way home. Glad you had so much fun.
"Do we REALLY have to stop and take ANOTHER picture?" We have that same discussion every time we go somewhere. Kendell's not a photo guy, either!
Your pictures are great though! I'm glad you had a nice time.
And, I should add: were you to have another baby, just so your Disneyland numbers could be even, I would bring you dinner! And a gift!
Are you tempted NOW??? ;)
Wonderful! What a fun vacation and a good time to go too. We have gone the Monday after Thanksgiving and that seemed to be pretty good too. I am waiting for our little ones to be bigger ones to go again. Last time we went Lindsey and Lauren were 3, and since we are odd too, we had 5 yr old Emily ride alone so we could ride with the little ones. Poor Emily, getting the short end AGAIN! I totally agree with you, the odd numbers are hard... but there's only 2 ways to fix that, like you said, and I don't like either choice. Great pictures!!
Maury and I had a great "adult" Disneyland trip one month before going with your family. It was great-we had a really fun time, but going with your family was the best!!! Your kids were wonderful and enjoyed everything so much, it made my Disneyland trip so much better!!!
Reading this makes me so excited to go again!! We really love it, we even went twice before we had Chase!! It truly is the happiest place on earth!
I'm so glad you had a great trip and glad it didn't involve any trips to the emergency room for Mark.
Yeah for Disneyland! I did NOT know that about the dramamine and will definitly look into that. We too have spilled into two rooms on vacations. Though the being squished together makes for fun memories too. So long as I'm not the one being squished.
Fun place, isn't it? I think God plants giant Guardian Angels around both Disneyland and Disney World to protect them, because they bring so much joy to the world. Notice how the hurricanes never damage Disney World? :-) The best time I ever went was about a week before Halloween -- NO lines whatsoever!!!!
Post a Comment