I recently found this in my dish drainer....
It had been melted into complete and utter uselessness.
Then-
it had been washed and placed in the dish drainer.
I found this very curious indeed and wondered
WHY????
I picked it up, waved it around to get some attention and asked the family-
"hey, anybody know what happened to this?"
Rachel got a sheepish look on her face and raised her hand and said "well, I tried to heat up my diner in the toaster oven and then it was all melted and I know I should have known better but I wasn't thinking and so.... well... I didn't know what to do with it so I just washed it."
Mystery solved.
We are currently without a microwave for reheating. This is part of the problem. My children do not know what to do about reheating. We are so used to our modern conveniences.
We have microwave issues. We seem to need a new one every year. I don't know what we're doing to shorten the lives of our dear departed microwaves. We don't put metal in them. (at least as far as I know) Often ours start sparking and making sizzling noises right before they crash and burn. This most recent one was shooting fire inside as if it had metal in it and it was only a bowl of rice. Anyone have any ideas for me as to what might be happening?
With our last microwave purchase, we finally got smart and bought a warranty plan at walmart along with the microwave. When Mark went to return it& cash in on the warranty, he found out that the warranty plan doesn't kick in until AFTER the one year point which would be in June because, it turns out, the company who makes it has a one year warranty and our extended warranty is for the 2nd year. So we had to call the company which required we cut the cord off, peel off the metallic sticker on the back and send those along with the rolling guide and glass plate back to the company with a copy of the receipt and they will be shipping us a new microwave. If it had been June 1st the warranty would have just loaded a gift card and we'd have a new one already. oh well. At least we're getting one. I hope it's soon.
Until it arrives, my plastic is living a very panicked existence in the cupboards, hoping Rachel keeps her distance........
6 comments:
LoL...this post made me laugh!! :) Poor Rachel...at least she told you huh!! :) What would people do without all of our "modern conveniences"???
teeee heeeee! If it makes Rachel feel better, I tend to always leave plastic stuff on TOP of the toaster oven, and then it gets melted that way. I, at least, am way old enough to know better!
Our tv, just died on Tuesday night right after NCIS had barely started.
I've had my own microwave mishaps. I once set a chinese take out container on fire. Remember how they used to have metal handles??? The microwave survived, but the container and it's contents did not.
we won't even talk about ours! Our experiences are many and varied and horrible...toasters, microwaves, vacuums...all live a scary existence in our house...and not a long one either.
Our back-up microwave feels your microwave's pain. Mom
I have a extra microwave sitting in my closet I would LOVE to get rid of if you would like to use it til you get yours. I keep meaning to put it on KSL, but its in the closet, I never think about it until I put something in the closet and think, I need to get rid of that thing. When we moved, we had one above our range, is that where yours is? I can't remember. Let me know, Rob can drop it at your door anyday!
Post a Comment