Saturday, March 5, 2011

Time to play


It seems all my children are destined for the stage. The only one who hasn't taken part in some type of play this year is Jacob. He may be my holdout.

Samantha was in a shakespeare 4H afterschool club last semester and they did a very abbreviated version of "A midsummer Nights dream" at the parent showcase. She was "Hermia" and seemed quite comfortable on the stage. She also took part in an activity day play last summer. She was the "wicked stepmother" in a spin on cinderella. I didn't get any pictures of Hermia and the stepmother ones are pretty grainy. My camera doesn't take pictures far away very well.

Rachel is currently in rehearsal for the spring play "When in Rome". She is excited as this is her biggest part ever. She is the princess' maid but is a little disappointed to miss out on lots of fun dance numbers. She's in the dancing scenes but just stands there looking "cool". She said "I gave up dancing for lines" and she misses it.

These are pictures from her last play, "Cinderella". She was once again a Villager but was thrilled with the dress! One of the local playhouses rented dresses for the ball gowns. She was so happy with hers and felt beautiful. As she is.



On Friday Mason was in a short play with his school class called "The enormous Turnip". It was only about 10 minutes long but he was proud to tell me "I memorized all my parts" He hammed it up and did a great job. My battery was struggling so what I recorded was in 3 parts. I'm sure you'll only want to watch if you're related! :)
He was adorable however as the grandfather farmer.
Friday night we also went to the high school to watch Carly in her One Act Play called "The Valiant" It was set in the 40's and she was a young woman going to a prison to see if a young man set to be executed that night was her long lost brother. She did a great job and had fun preparing for it.

We are proud of all of our little exhibitionists. I still can't believe MY children are so comfortable on stage. My school was so small they didn't have a drama department but I was part of a couple road-shows and I did enjoy it but was so self-conscience the whole time . I guess they all have enough Mark in them to offset the Jamie when it comes to shyness and fear.

That's a good thing.

5 comments:

Becki said...

ADORABLE!!! I love the picture of Mason winking!! Too cute...your kids are all so talented...and those daughters of yours...BEAUTIFUL!!! I love you Jaime!!!

Judy said...

Being a Ward family counts, right? 'Cause I definitely wanted to watch your little clips of Mason. Hilarious! He did a great job. I'm glad all your kids have Mark's hammin' genes too - there's a magic like no other when performing on-stage. Ahhhh, the memories!

Karla said...

Mason's play was so cute. I have a few turnips here I got in my bountiful basket I am still baffled at what to do with them. Perhaps the farmer can help with that. Your girls looked fabulous in their costumes. You must be so proud of them!

GMDonna said...

What a great farmer you are Mason! I still have some left over onions in my garden from last summer- do you think you can pull them for me?? I also loved Rachel's dress in her play. Looks like we have a lot of little "hams" in the family. Thanks for sharing- so cute! Love you all.

The Gubler Family said...

What a talented bunch. Is that really Mason all grown up in that play. I remember you telling me back when you were pregnant with him and we were trading babysitting that I needed to hurry and get pregnant so we would still have an even amount of kids. Wow! Time has gone by so fast.