Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree

Saturday night I had about 3 loads of laundry awaiting my attention on the couch. I also knew there was ironing in my future for Sunday shirts. Mark often does his own shirts but he was sick and I wanted to do it for him.

He went off to bed. Mason had gotten in trouble earlier for some sass talking and had already been sent to bed. Samantha said "I'm in the mood for Sense and Sensibility! Anybody want to watch it with me?"

Pretty soon the other girls were agreeing and saying "Yeah! Let's make it a girl's night"

We looked around and there was Jacob sitting on the couch. I said "It's a girly movie...."

He said, "that's okay. I'd rather watch that than go to bed."

I said "Okay but here are the rules.....
#1 you can't be loud and talk through the whole thing
(he nods assent)
#2 You can't poke your sisters or do anything else that will bug them
(more nodding)
#3 No snarky comments about the movie"

He just got up and walked up the stairs. Just as he was about to duck out of sight he grinned at us over is shoulder and said "I just can't do that one"

and off he went.

Had he been awake to hear it-
His dad would have been so proud.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

LOL!

I remember well a previous post about Mark telling Jacob he didn't have to put up with chick flicks, or something. I'm sorry it's started sinking in!

At least he knew himself well enough to remove himself from the room. :)

Wendy said...

Thanks for the laugh, Jacob. That was hilarious.

Abby said...

Too funny!