Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mason age 5

I found an entry that I never finished or posted. I was trying to relabel some posts and found this little gem that is so dang cute I can't let it sit unposted....
My brother and I were just talking about this younger Mason who used to go on spy missions at night. His imagination is still pretty good. I miss this little guy though. He was always on one adventure or another.....

Mason 9/24/08


Mason has found an old kid's tape recorder/kareoke machine. It has become his favorite toy. To him, the microphone is very versatile.

Not only is it a microphone-
depending on his mood, it morphs into a vacuum, a bomb thrower and a machine gun.

Here is a recent conversation we had regarding the tape player:

Mason: "I can't go to school today because my concert starts at the same time as school."

He shrugs his shoulders and starts to walk away singing "a tooty tot, a tooty tot, a tooty tah tah"

Me: "Well you'll just have to change your concert."

Mason: "I can't! becuase I have to practice my art."

I became a little upset at that point and cut the cord off of the microphone. (I don't know why I went that far. He must have been refusing to get ready for school or something...)

Mason got upset... Then replied "well, I don't need batteries mom."

Me: That's an understatement"

Mason: "What's that???"