Saturday, September 22, 2012

Clarity

Clarity:  noun1. the clarity of his account lucidity, lucidness, clearness, coherence; formal perspicuity.antonym vagueness, obscurity.the clarity of the image sharpness, clearness, crispness, definition. antonym blurriness.
Usually Clarity is a good thing.  I like clarity in my directions.  I like clarity in my professors expectations.  I like clarity in my husband's communication.  I love clarity when I'm studying the scriptures and things begin to make sense or you have one of those spiritual AHA! moments.  I certainly try to use clarity when explaining to my children what I'd like them to do, or not do... whatever the case may be.  
Yes! Clarity is a good thing.
Unless.....
It's 1:00 am and you've been studying for several hours and you go wash your make up off.  That moment in over 40 life after washing your makeup off and before you put your moisturizer on....It's not good.   It's a portent of things to come.  The area under my eyes looks  baggy and wrinkled.  You under 40 crowd might have just an inkling and you under 20 crowd.... You have NO IDEA what I mean.  Enjoy it girls.  You put that moisturizer on and lose about 15 years.  It's magic.(BTW... anyone want to recommend a good under-eye moisturizer that's not horrifyingly expensive? Mine is pretty basic and at 40... I could probably use a better one)
Now... it's not good any night but after a few hours staring at a computer, after a few weeks not getting enough sleep because you're insane and thought 9 credits and working 2o hours a week and being a momma was gonna be okay . This premoisturizer moment  is NOT the time to notice your mirror is spotted and needs a little spruce up.  Rub... rub... rub... AAAHHHHHH!  It was a little frightening.  
I do NOT like that kind of clarity.  It's s just depressing.  Good thing I'm too busy to clean my bathroom mirror more often.  It's good for my self esteem. 



3 comments:

Wendy said...

Bwahahahaha!!

You know, probably when I was 41, I went to Good Earth looking for some natural skin care products. Whatever I said to the ladies as I explained my very limited efforts at skin care, they clearly thought I was nuts, and that of course my age showed.

I comforted myself with thoughts of, "But those old, wrinkled ladies in the temple are beautiful!" It works most of the time, until I start realizing I'll probably look 80 when I'm 60 . . . and that's not very far away!

Marie said...

Mary Kay has some great anti-aging eye products. http://marykay.com/en-US/_layouts/marykaycorecatalog/categorypage.aspx?dsNav=N:10670-4294967251-4294967249-4294967108&=%2fen-US

Melissa said...

Oh, Jamie! I'm sending you all the love and positive support I can!

Let me know if you discover a good under-eye mositurizer! I may check out that mary kay stuff! I've had similar mirror moments. It's so shocking and upsetting!

Keep your chin up! You are a fantastic mom and a smart person. You will figure this out and what an amazing accomplishment when you do! It's going to click soon. I feel it.