Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Little Drummer Boy, a guitar and 2 girls


At our Church Christmas party we had a talent show. It was fun to see talent I didn't know existed in our neighborhood. Everyone did a great job.

Mark played his Native American Flute but I didn't film it because the lights were low and he didn't show up. I wish I'd gone ahead and recorded it so you could hear it. I'll have to get him to play for me again and record it at home. I bought it for him last Christmas. He was able to play me Happy Birthday on it 4 days after he opened it. He plays it beautifully. He taught himself from the DVD and songbook that came with it.

Carly and Rachel worked very hard on their song. Mark worked with them for hours on the harmony parts. They tried several different versions. Rachel had a hard time because she has not had the choir experience that Carly has had. Mark really helped her to push her voice out stronger. It was really cool to hear them progress. They were pleased with their performance in the end.

You can hear Mason trying to get on my lap and "see" in the camera. You can hear little kids running around and playing but I hope, most of all, you'll be able to hear my girls singing.
I'm so proud of their hard work and their willingness to overcome their fears.


8 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

It gave me chills. I can't believe how grown up your girls are. Have a very merry Christmas!

Karla said...

I loved that! They did a wonderful job. Wish we would have came to see it, Amber came down with a high fever, didn't want to share all our family had to offer.... (Lauren had the fever a week prior, she and Amber both seemed to just have no other symptons, just 103 fever.)

Wendy said...

They were awesome! We left early because ds was acting SOOO tired. Of course, he didn't sleep for another HOUR, so we should've stayed. Rats. I would've loved to hear them in person.

Emily said...

Oh my gosh. I am speechless. I hope they'll perform again when you guys come down. That was awesome. I love their voices! I could really go on & on - love it!

Matthew said...

Wow. All I can say is, "Wow".

Mom and Dad said...

I of course knew they would be fabulous. Good job, Carley, Rachael and good teaching Mark. Papa

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, they sounded great! Carley and Rachel both have beautiful voices and Rachel was rockin' that guitar! What a talented family you have. Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed it!

Judy said...

What a pleasure to hear Rachel and Carly again - I'm glad you shot their performance (too bad you couldn't catch Mark's flute too). I thought they were wonderful and I was glad we stayed for the Christmas program. Like you, I was amazed at the talent in our neighborhood - I had no idea! It takes great courage to sing in front of friends & peers like that -- even more scary than singing in front of strangers, I think!