Friday, June 12, 2009

Thank you Auntie Christy

Samantha loves her new High School Musical Cookbook and wanted to make something RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!

We were making tacos anyway... so we decided to try to incorporate Gabriella's "Top-Billing Taco Salad"  It involved putting flour tortillas in custard cups ( or in my case; my smallest pyrex bowls) and baking them at 350 to get a lovely fluted crunchy flour tortilla bowl.  The kids were VERY impressed when they came out of the oven.  It was "Thank you mom for making This!!"  over and over.  

She looks apprehensive but really she was nothing but excited
Mason was willing to try it too. Jacob decided to stick with his traditional tostada.  He's not much into trying new things.  He likes to keep it simple and familiar. 

We didn't really follow the taco salad recipe in the book.  We just layered the refried beans and taco meat on a bed of lettuce, topped it with cheese and tomatoes. 





Thank you  Auntie Christy for the new cookbook.  We're thinking Kelsi's berry pancakes for Saturday.  YUM! 



2 comments:

Karla said...

Those look really yummy! Maybe I need to get a HSM cookbook too! I love taco salads! Ok, well I just love tacos!!

Aprilyn said...

They have a similar recipe on Kraft Food and Family website. Don't tell Samantha though. :)

Sorry, I'm waaaaaay behind on blog reading. Is Mark all better now? No more kidney stones? We're familiar with the ER docs at OCH too. They are the ones who made Marshall's whole medication fiasco last longer. Lovely...