Wednesday, June 10, 2009

There is a law irrevocably decreed

that if.....
Your sister comes to visit 
AND
You stay up til 2:30 in the morning eating fabulous Greek food
AND
eating incredibly delicious chocolate frosting that truly stands alone as a dessert but makes you feel silly eating it off a knife so you spread it on graham crackers 
AND
talking 
AND
laughing
AND
watching the first season of Gilmore Girls......

You must be woken up earlier than you intended
to take care of a puking child

It's a law.

I just thought you should know that.

My sister even laughingly called it last night.  "you know if we watch one more episode (that turned into 3!!!!!)  someone's going to be sick in the night."

She didn't know she was messing with fate.  

Fate however was kind to me this morning.  She held off the puking  til a fairly respectable 7:30 am.  Not bad Fate!  I appreciate the thoughtfulness.  I only had 1 more hour tops.  

8 comments:

Karla said...

Sounds like such a fun night! And something I TOTALLY do and then I realize, oh yeah - I have a 2 month old baby that will be up any minute to eat and then 2 more times before the rest of anyone will wake up. I have done those things too many times. And once even with sick kids. I have done it so many times, I should KNOW better by now. But still... it is too fun to sit up with sisters (or my mom and dad) into the wee hours of the night, more commonly known as the morning hours. :) Hope you get some rest and some recovery time.

Emily said...

So true. Even with the puking kid & lack of sleep, it's still totally worth it to stay up late with a sister isn't it?

Karen Brothersen said...

I am still laughing! That law is SO TRUE!

Amy Sorensen said...

Another irrevocable law: within two days of washing the sheets, someone will either: puke, wet, or spill something miserable like chili or jello.

Which is why I NEVER wash the sheets.

(Totally kidding on that one...I do wash the sheets. Even though it always evokes the Sheet Law.)

SO HOPE everyone is better at your house!!!!

Amanda said...

It's the way of it isn't it. It seems to me that that same law is in effect for other occations such as; Mother's Day, birthday, Christmas & Thanksgiving!

Sorry you had to deal with that. Miss you.

Jamie said...

my little guy is doing better. We got away with only one puke and lots of lethargy. Fate smiles upon me and my sister time....

Wendy said...

Oh . . . oh dear. Hugs to you, my friend!

Jennifer said...

The law also states that if you have not slept well in several days, so you take Tylenol PM to finally sleep. You will be woken up with a sick puking kid.