I started Tivo-ing it a few weeks ago. When it was actually on as a series I heard about it often from friends that watched but I think it was on Sundays or something- A night I didn't watch TV so I never got into it but I saw it on one day and decided to start recording it for when I had laundry to fold and clothes to iron or mind to unwind.
They're showing episodes from the 6th season or something but I got hooked right away. AND Happiness... in syndication- There's an episode 5 days a week. I don't have to wait and wait and Wait to find out what happens to my Gilmore Girls. Life is good.
The first time Mark saw me watching it and heard the title he rolled his eyes and started throwing the words "girly crap" around. I ignored and continued to watch when he wasn't around. I was fine with it being my thing.
THEN...
when we were home being exhausted couch slugs the day after that second late night trip to the hospital he was SOO sweet and in the flush of gratitude for me holding his hand through the pain and taking care of his kidney stone ridden body he was throwing around a new phrase.... It was unfamiliar yet welcome. It was...
"Whatever Mama Wants!!"
It was his answer to everything for about 2 days. I know, it could have been some residual Morphine/Dilautid induced euphoria but I CHOOSE to believe it was pure gratitude and sweetness because "That's what Mama wants!".
What shall we watch on TV?
*tender smile* "Whatever Mama Wants!"
"REALLY?"
"yes, really"
Mama wanted Gilmore Girls. He didn't even roll his eyes. He watched and he LIKED it.
This has become both a blessing and a curse because while I enjoy watching it with him, I now have to WAIT for him so he also knows what's going down between Luke and Lorelai, Emily & Lorelai, Rory and Logan, Lane and Zach, Sookie and Jackson.....
But PLEASE whatever you do...
Don't ASK him about it. He's likely to deny it. There's man pride to uphold here. Ask him about "Star Trek Next Generation".... Ask him about "I survived".... anything but Gilmore Girls.
2 comments:
It's amazing the power we sometimes have over our husbands. Over the years I have purchase all the DVDs of the Friends episodes. I have gotten Brad to watch them with me and know he loves the show as much as me!!
That cracks me up! Sometimes they (men in general) judge too quickly. He didn't even give it a chance. Then when he did, he liked it. I sure LOVE the whole DVR, I have some of those special movies or series that I watch when I am doing laundry or feeding babies or in my efforts to unwind at the end of the day. (When I should just be going to bed!)
Post a Comment