I am absolutely in love with these faces
Our ongoing tradition of a fancy Valentine's day breakfast continued this year.
It was Sunday with 9am church so it wasn't quite as indulgent as last year but still fun and made the kids happy which was the point. Last year it was individual little gifts with their own specific valentine message based on what the gift was. This year I went simpler with holiday crackers filled with a few valentine's day chocolates and confetti. All looked the same, no individual message, but it looked fancy and THAT'S what it's all about!
I was so proud of my tissue paper roses. I learned how to make them from a crafty 6th grade boy at work on Friday morning. He made them out of a kleenex. Mason put 2 in his pocket and wore them at church all day. so cute!
we had chocolate milk straws in our new fancy glasses,
sweet buttermilk scones (that I tried to make heart-shaped), boysenberry jam, grapes
and sugared grapefruit
Carly's cupcakes were for AFTER church but made a nice centerpiece. Mark even got home from his early morning meetings to have breakfast with us at 8am. It was a Valentines' day miracle!

YUM!
4 comments:
Thanks for the cup cakes. They tasted so yummy and looked too good to eat. So sorry Rachel, hope your head is okay, and that you enjoyed your treat bag that I brought over so you would forgive me. Let me know if you need more. Your kids are so AWESOME!!!!! Love ya!
You, my friend, put the rest of us to shame! But, always with such style!! :)
(I am pretty sure that my kids dug around and found some cereal for their Vday morning feast!)
Jamie you rock Valentine's Day. & I sure love those faces too. Come & see us soon!
What are chocolate milk straws?
Love all the efforts you put into your family to make things special. We were lucky to get valentine placemats and pink waffles over here this year. Your cupcake display makes me want one.
Post a Comment