Towards the end of day 3. So far things are going GREAT. It has been easier than I have anticipated. The burping has subsided. I have decided to make a game out of this by facing my temptations head on after an experience that I had at Jakes baseball game last night. There was a guy sitting next to me eating a hot dog. Usually I'm the person eating a hot dog or four. I imagined the warm hot dog tucked away in the nice soft wheat enriched bun, topped with liquid gold, French's yellow mustard. I imagined biting into it, first feeling the soft bun crumple inside my mouth followed by that flavor that only a 25 cent hot dog that cost $1.50 can provide. I then imagined licking the mustard off of my lips followed by the sweet sensation of drinking a Dr. Pepper aka, mother's milk aka nectar of the gods. I was able to resist. Well actually I RAN over to the library. Which was very educational. I learned that letters in a certain order form a word, and that some words together form a sentence, and that many sentences form a paragraph? Is that what it is called? Anyway, back to temptations.
Today I purposely drove past IN-N-OUT, rolled down my window and yelled, "Do your best!" I think I freaked out the guy next to me who was riding his motorcycle. Guess I should have looked before I yelled. He very quickly sped off. (was that you Richard?)
Next I drove past Krispy Kreme, for the ultimate challenge! I saw the celestial sign flashing, "Hot Donuts Now". My original plan was to go inside, smell the goodness, and have the satisfaction of seeing the look on the girls face when she offers me a free donut and me saying NO. I was to much in a hurry to get to my next job so I was unable to stop. I will try again tomorrow.
6 comments:
Oh man, now I want a Krispy Kreme!
Mark you are hilarious!!
I can hardly wait to hear more! Tell us more! What happened next?
yeah. And some in-n-out fries.
Do your best, Mark! You can't tempt me.
you tell In-N-Out. Stay away from Five Guys as well...
Post a Comment