Monday, April 26, 2010

The BIG FAT Cheese Speaks!

OK. Here is the deal. I love food. Food loves me. Together we have a great relationship. It doesn't matter what kind of mood I am in, I love to eat. I eat for pleasure, I eat just to eat, and then I just eat simply because I can. It's a pretty simple equation. My biggest problem is my appetite. I simply have a hard time getting full. A couple of weeks ago I went to a Aaronic Priesthood open house at the Alpine Tabernacle. After words my counselors and I decided to go to In-and Out for some chow. I ate two Double Doubles, fries, and of course a lemonade or three. When I was done, I literally felt like I was just starting to warm up! Without exaggerating, I could have very easily ate two more with out even breaking a sweat. Really, I could have. In fact when I got home I had Rachel make me her famous "RFP" and had some snacks while I was waiting for her to finish! No I do not have a eating disorder. For me, it's mind over matter. Period. If I want it badly enough, anything is possible. I'm not going to see some quack diet doctor. I thought about getting my stomach stapled but it would take railroad ties not staples so that's out of the question.

I am 6 ft and weigh 253 pounds. My goal was to lose 40 pounds by June 16th. I was going to start March 1st. I have had two major set backs due to things beyond my control- a surgery and then some torn ligaments. It is now April 26th. There is no way I can lose 40 pounds by June 16th. I think I can lose 25. I know what y'all are thinking right now. You're thinking that I will just gain it all back. My answer to that is so what! I don't care. I just want to see if I can do it!

Now, everybody that knows me knows I can get pretty extreme at times. Well I am about to push the envelope. In order to jump start my famous "life-style lose all you can and then gain it all back change" I am going to attempt a 5-day cleansing program that is guaranteed to shrink my black hole of a stomach. That is right. No food for 5 days. Just tons of water and a total of 59 pills a day. I can't really exercise a whole lot because of my foot, but I'm going to try and walk at least 2 miles a day if I can.

I am a private person. Jamie knows that and that is why most of her blogs are just about her and the kids. She has been asked to leave me out of it for the most part. I am also a very prideful person. For this reason I chose to write this post. Now that everybody knows, my pride is on the line!

So this is my first official log entry:
Captain's log, star date 4/26/2010. Day 1. Official weight: 253 pounds. After announcing to the whole world of my totally insane plan, I have found myself at a crossroad. I now have no choice but to follow through. For breakfast I swallowed 17 pills, all at once. They tasted nasty. I am now burping. Each time I burp that nasty herbal pill taste comes into my mouth. A large pepperoni pizza sure sounds good about now. I would much rather be burping up tasty pepperoni than this wheat germ herbal stuff. If I only had a food replicator.

15 comments:

GMDonna said...

Yea Marky! You can do it.After your week of fasting I bet your hunger will be gone and smaller potions will satisfy you. Laurie also said that she is on weight watchers and even if you just ate cabbage soup for the week or other foods on the "low" point list that they would help you burn even more calories than even fasting. But I imagine the herb pills you are taking are doing that for you.
Love ALL 235lbs. of you but am cheering for your sucess in whatever your worthy goals are and this is certainly worthy- <3 Mom

Maursupial said...

Too much Star Trek, Mark. Other than that: Good luck to you.

Matthew said...

Mark. You can do it.

Wendy said...

I lost 50 lbs almost two years ago in the hospital. Now that I know I can, I don't have to do it anymore.

Jeremy

I'm looking forward to more updates:) If you can drink a bottle of hot sauce, you can do anything.

Wendy

Emily said...

Well, you already admitted this was insane, so I won't tell you that.

Good luck! You can do it! Good luck Jamie & kids too!

Mr Lowe said...

RFP? And 59 pills? What are you taking? Pepperoni in pill form?

I would be really hungry by 10am the first day. But good luck.

The Gubler Family said...

I thought your wife's blogs where hilarious, but I couldn't stop laughing through your whole blog. Don't lose too much weight or your new shirt I just made you won't fit any more. Like I said before, It doesn't matter your size, your still one of my favorite people in the ward. Good luck to you. I know you can do it and if you fail, Richard offered to staple your stomach with his pneumatic stapler for free.

The Gubler Family said...

By the way, Jamie, you and the kids might want to spend some time at our house this week while Mark goes through withdrawls. I am sure Mark is going to be real ornery for the next couple of days.

Karla said...

GO, Mark, GO! Look forward to hearing how the following days go for you.

Jamie said...

It's been busy so he hasn't had a chance to give an update yet but he's doing good. He's on day 3 and has not cheated and SAYS he feels great. He does hate the powdered fiber he has to mix with water and drink. It smells terrible and he says it tastes just like it smells. yuck.

Abby said...

I bet he drempt he was naked after revealing all a dat! I'm right aren't I? Jamie I have the line "Tipoe through the tulips" from the song running through my head in a strange granny voice. It aint right.

Answer to Many said...

Sam and I have done a few 5 or 7 day fasts. We really do feel better afterward. It gets easier each time you do it. And it's amazing how much it cleanses your body. GOOD LUCK!!!

Wendy said...

You can do it, Mark!

btw, our son said you should come clean our carpets today. He also said you weren't scary--but to not tickle him.

Lindzie said...

Good luck!!

Julie said...

WOW! Mark, you are my inspiration. 3 days so far. You are doing awesome!!!!!!! I would die with no chocolate every day. Good luck and after you are done, if you have a craving for homemade oreos I would really make you some. Infact I was going to bring over some this weekend to thank your family for doing FHE at the care center, but maybe I will wait so you are not tempted. Good Luck!! I hope it goes well, just plug your nose with the powder drink. YUCK!!!!!!!