Saturday, April 24, 2010

like a chicken with her head cut off....

There was LOTS of running around yesterday. LOTS! I'm hoping not to encounter another day like this for some time....

Friday:
2:15 leave work and come home to pick up a check from Mark

2:30 drive to bank to cash check and come home to pick up Carly so she can come run errands with me. She's been so busy lately with play practice, I thought it would be nice to have her along for the ride. I was right.

2:45 head to Wal-mart because I have to pick up a birthday present for Jacob who is going to a birthday party right after school. Rush around Wal-mart, find basketball, elastic for pioneer clothes for girls, and 2 brightly colored tanks for Carly to wear under that little white sweater she bought when she went shopping with you Maury. Rush to less than 20 checkout, think about candy bar, decide to be good, no candy bar. Check watch. We're going to make carpool! yea

3:27 Pull up to Jacob's school. We made it and we're even 3 minutes early. Help Carly finish wrapping basketball. It is not very easy to wrap a basketball in a sort of box and make it look nice. Carly comments, "I'm sure glad this is a present for a 10 yr old boy. He'll never notice how bad it looks!" Watch for Jacob. Listen to Carly tell me about tall, mysterious boy she's been flirting with at school... She likes them quiet and interesting. (Oh Crap! I kind of liked it when she didn't like them at all.....) Jump out of car, tell Carly to hold that thought, see Jacob's face light up when he sees that I managed to get a present here.

***disclaimer: the reason we're running around crazy is because Jacob lost the invitation given to him Monday, told me about it Wed., was told I needed official information like where, parent's info, etc, he brought home Thursday a note written by the birthday boy stating where it was going to be (space center in Lehi) but no parents info so Friday in order to go Jacob had to call me from school with the parent's number so I could call and confirm he was actually invited. Calls were made, invite confirmed which brings us to the rushing like crazy...

I tell Jacob I've spoken to Nick's parents, they will drive him to the party but did he remember to turn in his missing assignments and bring me proof? He proudly hands me a paper which reads
"Jacob has turned in his missing ass.
sighned___(teacher's signature)

I walk with him to Nick's car, meet Nick's dad, tell him goodbye. Run back to my car, show Carly his note. Carly and I giggle. I make a mental note "self: teach Jacob about proper abbreviations and how to spell the word signed"

3:40 Drop off carpool kids and head with Carly to Grocery store. Shop. Freak out for a second at how much it costs to feed a family of 7 and I'm shopping the sales! okay. Breathe.

5:00 Head home. Eat a banana and tortilla chips in car with Carly. Greatful again I stopped for Carly. She's good company. Hear the rest of story about mysterious, tall boy.

5:15 Stop at dollar store for sunflower seeds for my salad and to Kmart because Carly wants to check out shoes on sale. Shoes look weird. Head for home again

5:30 Arrive home. sigh. put away groceries and visit with some friends who stop by.

6:00 Drive Carly to High school for her play tonight

6:40 Back in car with Rachel, stop to pick up her friend Andrea and off to High school again to take them to Carly's play (Mark and I went last night) Come home, fold clothes. I hope I sat down for a bit at this point but I'm not really sure. I think I fed the kids

7:55 Leave to pick up Jacob from birthday party. visit with the mom a bit, watch boys happily running around yelling. Head home. Jacob's sweaty and happy and a little stinky. "did you remember to put on deodorant today?" "ooops, I forgot"

8:30 Rachel calls to say she's ready to be picked up. I look at Mark and plead "Please...." He went. I sat in HIS recliner and ate chips and salsa for dinner. yum.

9:00 Mark arrives home with the Rachel and Andrea. They've decided Andrea is going to sleep over and they are going to watch an edited copy of final destination 2. Not my kind of flick. I think about walking Samantha over to her friend Jenny's for a birthday late-night party since it's right around the corner but I decide I'm too tired and drive her over.

9:30 come home and lay in Samantha's room and watch "What the deaf man heard" a hallmark movie I love.

11:30 Mark announces he's going to bed, the girls decide they're going to make cookies and I am exhausted but stay up since I need to pick up Carly at midnight at her friend Lisa's. (At least she's not out with a tall, mysterious boy)
12:00 pickup Carly

12:30 go to bed.


11 comments:

Emily said...

Whew! My favorite part was chips & salsa for dinner. I love chips & salsa for dinner! At least you remembered to feed your kids at a reasonable hour. When I have days like that, I am usually reminded at nine o'clock at night that my children are starving because they're rummaging through the pantry & eating cereal, cheese, popsicles, and whatever else they can find!

Party of Five said...

I'm exhausted from reading it! Wow you guys are so busy, that's why we are done with 4!

Mom and Dad said...

ahhhhhhh, memories! whew! glad I'm 67 and I'm not expected to do that anymore!
Hope today is more relaxing...as relaxing as a day with 5 kids can be!
ahhhhhh, breathe in and out several times, then get a diet/or leaded something or other and enjoy it outside in the shade. Tell everyone if they want to keep their heads to stay at least 50 feet away, and that you are deaf for at least 1/2 hour! Ya right, like that'll work! Mom

Maursupial said...

Emily,

Just keep the food a low enough level so that they can feed themeselves and viola! problem solved.


Jamie,

You inspire me and rock my world. I don't know how you do it, but I'm sure glad you do. You're right. Carly is great company.

Jennifer said...

My favorite part was Jacob's note. "Jacob turned in his missing ass." So funny!!! You really are Wonder Woman!

Jamie said...

I would be a lunatic if those days happened every week. We're usually busy but not THAT busy. today has been better mom. I did go to my room with chips and salsa for lunch and told everyone I was not to be talked to for 15 minutes. If they had a question, it could keep. Samantha had a VERY VERY hard time with that.

Wendy said...

Once again, thanks for the laughs. (sorry they are at your expense)

The Gubler Family said...

I thought I was the only one who had days like that. I guess I should have come over on Friday with Valorie and watched "What the deaf man heard" with you. I love that show. That would have been more enjoyable than a sleepover with 4 little girls.

Christy said...

What a day! Loved Jabcob's note, Carly's addition to your day. It's nice to have a friend on a day like that. Love You!

Matthew said...

"Jacob has turned in his missing ass." That sounds like a fugitive finally turning himself in to the police.

Word Verification "gendo", wike mawe ow femawe.

Karla said...

WOW! I really don't like days like that... although I am often reminded that life gets busier as your kids get older. Glad you survived your day. Hope this week is a little slower for you.