Our Spring Break included:

A rolled ankle and torn ligaments. Isn't that pretty? This happened Wednesday of Spring break which meant Mark was home in his chair for the rest of our time off of school. I got really sick at the end of the week with a bad head cold and spent lots of time on the couch next to him. Mark's being home meant Carly and I did not get to watch lots of British movies left here by Auntie Maury. Drat! There was however lots of tv movies like predator (yuck) I was thanking my lucky stars I had been to the library on Tuesday and had checked out lots of interesting YA lit. so I read several books. I liked them.
May I recommend:
Briar Rose by Jane Yolen
(an interesting twist on fairy tales and holocoust survivors)
Belle by Cameron Dokey
(a fun retelling of Beauty and the beast. too short though, it left me wanting more of the story.)
Water Song by Suzanne Weyn
(an interesting retelling of the princess and the frog)
Rousing games of Phase 10: I get so happy when all 5 are playing happily together. It's getting to be a rare occurrence.
A stick is a boy's best friend. Jacob is never happier than when the neighbors are pruning!
(how many do you think he's got tucked in his pants? I count at least 6 but chances are good that I'm missing 7 or 8 )

And a good cloak?
Well, A good cloak is downright indispensable!

puzzles for the cold snowy days at the beginning of the week....
and finally!
sunshine, blessed sunshine

Carly reveled in the fact that she could read what SHE WANTED and not what was assigned. She read the same ones I did plus Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, one of her favorite books. Samantha has discovered Gail Carson Levine and has read Ella Enchanted, The 2 princess of Bamarre, The fairy's mistake and a few others in recent weeks.
We don't have our Egg hunt on Easter Sunday, trying to reserve that special day for more spiritual things. We usually do it on the Saturday before but this year due to lack of preparation we had it the Monday after which was rainy, windy and cold so we had to do it in the house. Jacob found the stuffed bunny for the 4th year in a row. (we hide one little stuffed bunny for whomever finds it and that kid finds it every year. The other kids are very annoyed!)
checking out the loot!
Snuggling through conference on Easter Sunday

What your hands look like after coloring through conference
A turkey covered with pesto and bacon
Glazed carrots
Hollow Easter rolls
and dutch oven banana split cake to round it all out.

We had a wonderful week of British movies, yummy cake, antique shopping, and laughing when my sister Maury came to town the week before Easter. She was able to see Rachel's play "Oklahoma" which made Rachel happy.

And we had a quick visit from these two party animals during spring break right before all the coughing, congestion and torn ligaments hit the fan

Thanks David and Jena for a great day. We love you and this picture is old! Jena is blond w/short hair! We need to get the camera out next time you come.


5 comments:
LOVE all the photos! There was a LOT done in that space of time! That is so great that the kids enjoy being with each other. Mine are like that now and I hope it lasts!;-)
Ahhhhh, good times, good eats! Mark and Maury should compare foot-pictures...it would be hard to choose a winner!
The food looked luscious!
Love those Bocas!
Ouch that ankle looks pretty painful! What a great week for you guys! We had family in town for part of the week but other than that, it was uneventful. Great pitures! I can't believe how grown up Samantha is getting, how did that happen?
Looks like it was fun...mOstly! I can not believe that Mark got hurt again. So crazy. We miss you guys tons!
When can I come and visit! I miss you guys! I'll have to check out airfare for LOOOOOOONG weekend. When do you think would be good?
Post a Comment