I've had some sick days in the last couple of weeks. I was home with Samantha and Mason last week and decided to get going on a project I had heard about from a coworker. She was sharing how she had fixed her sheet problem.... you know the one that happens when your sheets are still in good shape except for the elastic has loosened up just enough that during the night they start popping up off the corners? She had tried those little clips that look like suspenders you see on endcaps at walmart and several other "quick fix" ideas that she'd seen in stores but nothing worked. So she came up with her own idea of sewing straps across the corners and it worked. I didn't have the webbing strap material she was talking about but I wondered if wide elastic would work just as well since I knew I had some odds and ends pieces of that lying around in my craft bins. It does! yea. So if you have had this problem and are tired of feeling the edges of your sheets curling around your toes during the night and fixing all the corners every morning then this idea is for you!
I put the sheet on my bed and then measured the elastic putting pins in the edges where I thought it would be best attached at. I took it off and hand-sewed them while I watched a good movie. I suppose I could have gotten out my sewing machine and done it faster but I always need an excuse for myself to sit down and watch a movie in the middle of the day instead of cleaning the fridge which has needed a thorough cleaning for about 3 year snow. Sorry mom. You have taught me better than that but it's just a job I hate!
That's what it looks like. I had 2 sheets to fix and not enough of that nice wide elastic so some of my corners have thinner elastic by more than half and it's working great. I love it. I really hated having frumpy. They are frumpy no more.
2 comments:
What a great idea!!
I am so glad you posted this. I have been so mad at my sheets the last couple of days. They just won't stay on my bed and I just realized this morning it was because the elastic was gone.
Post a Comment