I am a long time believer in and subscriber to Family fun Magazine.
Great birthday cakes. Great craft ideas. Hours of fun for the whole family! I promise.
anyway.....
When I saw this idea in February 2011 I got really excited because.... Hello! toilet paper tubes are extremely plentiful in a house of 7. Paint, I got. Beads, I got. Embroidery floss, I got. I didn't even have to go to the store for a thing. I thought it turned out really cute. What do you think?
7 comments:
ADORABLE!!! I just might have to make some too!! Thanks for the idea! And thanks for being so great!!
Ok. You told me that I would not believe that you made those out of toilet paper tubes, and you're right!! Super cute!
We get Family Fun now too. We thought, "Cool! Now we'll be cool like Jamie!" Alas, Family Fun does not actually DO the crafty project for you. We'd still have to do it.
We got that magazine and REALLY thought about making that project... and then didn't.
Dang.
Those are super cute! I cut up one tube and tried it, but ocd got the better of me, b/c they weren't all smooth in their curves--can you believe I'm admitting that here? Anyway, I didn't think it was ocd at the time. I just thought I didn't have the knack. They probably would've looked every bit as cute as yours!
I love it!!! I want one!
I did find a little trick to helping shape the hearts as I went along. you have to pinch the bottom on the outside and the top crease on the inside and then it rounds nicely. It's hard to explain in letters but I'll show you how if you want. Did you paint the tube first? I did and that's much faster than trying to paint them individually. Let me know...
By friday I don't think I'll be coughing on anyone. Staying home today made a huge difference....
So cute and who doesn't have toilet paper tubes!! ;-)
Post a Comment