Wednesday, February 2, 2011

like a weed


These jeans are not supposed to be in a stack in my basement.

They are supposed to be in a drawer upstairs in Jacob's dresser lasting til the end of 6th grade.
They are in great shape.
Not a hole to be found but too tight... too short.....
He had 4 new pairs of jeans in September when school started. 2 pair from old Navy that looked the same, 2 pair from Target that looked the same.
One of his pairs of jeans got holes in the knees last week and so I knew he'd been wearing them every day and insisted this morning he take them off and throw them in the hamper as I was preparing to load the washing machine. He argued, saying he didn't have anything else to wear. I ignored his comments. I knew the pants he had on were size 14 and I knew the other 3 pair in his drawer were size 14 so whatever, GO GET YOUR OTHER JEANS ON!
He came down the stairs
(with a smug look on his face, I might add)
3 different times in 3 different pairs of size 14 jeans that were obviously TOO small.

He then explained that he had only been wearing the one pair since December or earlier when the others became uncomfortable.

I had no idea til the holes.

How is it that one pair of size 14's still fit while the others absolutely don't?
Mismarking?
stretch denim?
I don't know but I do know that we're going pants shopping this afternoon.
Hopefully these will last til the end of 6th grade....

3 comments:

Amy Sorensen said...

Welcome to the world of the ginormous growing boys. This fall I had to buy Jake's jeans from the teen section. You know...waist & leg height. Like real men do. Then I had to cry a bit because I miss Little Jakey. AND because the jeans are way more expensive in the teen section. ;)

Emily said...

How does Jake not have any holes in his jeans? My daughters have holes & patches in every pair they own!

Jamie said...

because apparently he hardly wore these 3 pair...
He wore shorts til he absolutely couldn't so that was probably November... then they were all tight but the one pair so he only wore those and those... have holes! usually about april all the jeans have no knees for all the elementary kids. Rachel was always wearing the knees out of hers. I took advantage of shopko's guarantee where they replace your pants if they get worn out before they stop fitting.