Wednesday, September 14, 2011

All the stars in the universe aligned

For Carly last night

Just as I arrived at Mason's soccer game I got a phone call....

"ummm... Mom, I think I locked my keys in my car. I can't lock up the shop (she was at work) and I obviously can't get home"

"did you dump out your purse and really look all over the floor?"

"yes! I've been looking for 30 minutes. THey're not here. I can't see them from the car windows but they must be in there."

I told her I'd call Mark who had church responsibilities to see if he could go and if he couldn't I'd get Mason to his game and come.

Mark couldn't help and was not very sympathetic. "Make her wait til the game is over. She'll learn her lesson!"

I've locked my keys in my car several times and he has always been very nice to me when he came to save me but I could see he was going to give Carly a hard time about it.

I got Mason to his team, set up the chairs and found a neighbor who was willing to keep an eye on Jacob and Samantha so they could stay and began the long walk across the soccer fields to the parking lot. Just as I got to the car I got another phone call. This time it was from Mark.

"Guess what I just did????? I locked my keys in my car"

He was laughing and I was laughing because he NEVER does this. We've been married almost 20 years and I never remember this happening. I drove home, picked up Carly's extra keys, drove to the church, unlocked his car, took his keys into him and drove to Carly's work and gave her the good news. She was happy. We unlocked her car and found her keys. She locked up and went home. I went back to the game to see about 10 minutes and take everyone home.

All's well that ends well.

Glad the universe gave the girl a break. She's had a busy week.






5 comments:

Becki said...

LoL...that made me chuckle!! Good job Dad!!! Open mouth insert foot huh!?!?! Glad things got worked out and that you were once again SUPERMOM and got everyone taken care of!!! Never cease to amaze me!!!

Maursupial said...

I've got to say that Mark is always good spirited when Karma zings him. I'm glad everyone got their keys.

Jennifer said...

I love that Mark also locked his keys in the car, because he would have been unmerciful!

Emily said...

We had a similar experience down here recently, except that there was a one year old in the car with the keys! Ask David about that story. A week later, I did it myself. Must be going around!

Abbt said...

That's the most ironic thing I've ever read!