This pride and Prejudice take-off:

It's a little cheesy but it's great.
Have I mentioned how much we like cheese in all forms (except blue) at our house?
It's in English, except the music.
It's fun to get a glimpse of another culture through a familiar story.
We love the music, dancing and the bright colors of the gorgeous clothes.
My kids practice this dance all the time!
They're getting pretty good.
Jacob especially...
Mark and I were both disappointed when he forgot about tryouts for the fall school play. We were hoping he'd follow in his older sisters' footsteps and be in the jr high plays.
Maybe he has bigger ideas....
Maybe we'll see him in Bollywood!
Another great Indian Film is:

It's a drama & It's not a musical like Bride and Prejudice but there are some beautiful music and dancing scenes. It is not in English. You have to read subtitles.
My friend kept begging me to watch, telling me she just knew I'd love it and I kept putting it off because I didnt' think I could sit and watch a movie with subtitles. It's surprising how quickly you get used to it though and reading and watching become second nature.
I put it on one summer evening, several years ago, when my kids were outside playing and they trickled in one at a time to go to the bathroom or get a drink or a bandaid or something else you might need on a summer night one by one, they all quietly sat down with me and watched, mesmerized, as I was, by the story and imagery.
Check 'em out!
Let me know what you think.
2 comments:
Is Bride and Prejudice no longer taboo at the Bocanegra house? I remember when I first introduced this movie to you and Samantha repeated the only slightly risque part of the movie.
Love both of them!
Post a Comment