Wednesday, June 20, 2012

11 eleven 11 eleven 11 eleven 11 eleven 11

May 18, 2012
11


After the birthday kid goes to bed on their birthday eve...
I decorate and set out the cake.
Samantha chose a strawberry, oreo, vanilla ice cream cake so there was no cake to set out!
It had to stay safe in the freezer, so I tried to make her presents fancy by putting them on glass pedestals I made out of gobles, glass boxes, salad dressing cruets and glass plates.  She seemed to like it.

There was a lot going on on her birthday, I waited so long to post that I can't remember now what they all were but I think one was a prom predate thing and we knew it was going to be hard to get us all together in the evening of her birthday to open presents so we decided to go for it at 6am at scripture study.  We didnt' get much scripture study in that morning but we had a good time altogether as a family.


One of the things going on that day was taking Samantha to the doctor to check her wrist to see if it was broken.  She had been playing in the sprinklers with her brothers and neighbors 2 days before and slipped and fell on the cement.  It was still pretty painful so we wanted to check it out.

After an x-ray we found out that it was not broken but was badly sprained and they put her in a wrist brace.  It's been slow to heal.  She's just now starting to take off the brace and trying to go part of the day without to build strength.  


She got a new dress... (that she picked out with me)


a bracelet kit (thanks grandma Donna)


a new shirt... (that she picked out with me)


New earrings.... (that she picked out with me)


& her own bag of TWISTED Cheetos...
(one of the few surprises)
In our family of 5 children, getting your own bag of namebrand anything is a really big deal...


Mason was so sweet.  A few weeks before her birthday, he found a pretty little jewelry box at the dollar store.  It was quite pretty for a dollar store bauble.  He oohed and aahed and said "Samantha would just LOVE this!!!!! We have to get it for her!!!! "
We did.  I gave him a loan and it was a done deal.
He was so excited about it and tried to give it to her early several times-
I had to remind him that it's important to wait for the big day so the big day is special.


She was appropriately impressed


which pleased him to no end.
She said "it's perfect for my new earrings!"


Carly had also noticed her talking about those HUGE boxes of goldfish crackers at Winco....


and made her cheesy crunchy dreams come true.


Now not only her own bag of cheetos but her own giant box of goldfish crackers too???!!!!
How could the day get any better I ask?


She had requested a special omelet after seeing her dad cook one for me for Mother's day.  Mushrooms, onions, peppers, cheese.  YUM.
She got to eat off fancy dishes by candlelight 
(even though it was morning.... candles make everything taste better!)


and the cake.  Not as fancy as years past but yumm... ice cream and oreos.  


Neither one of my May babies pressed for a friend party this year.  I felt a little guilty not offering  but.....
not guilty enough to offer. 


1 comment:

Roberts Family said...

She's so cute...I have never realized how much she and Mason look alike, especially in that first photo. Wow. This sounds like our birthdays and Christmas' growing up. Our very own boxes of sweetened cereal...we were thrilled. Love it!