A couple of months ago Rachel got her wisdom teeth out...
Carly was pretty quiet when she came out of the anesthesia. She was a little worried about her puffy cheeks but was overall pretty quiet and sensible.
Not this girl.......
She was VERY emotional when it was over. She alternated between Laughing and crying all the way home. As we started up the car to leave she pointed to a girl running down the street and started crying hysterically. I asked what was wrong "that girl, that girl" what's wrong with that girl? "sob… her pink shorts" is there something wrong with her shorts??? "I WANT SOME!!!!!!"
Then we drove a couple minutes down the road. She looks at the wadded up tissue in her hand and asks hysterically in a frightened sobbing voice "what is that??? what is that??" i answered it's just a tissue baby to which she cried "BUT how did it get there????"
As we drove down the road, she sobbed until she caught sight of herself in the outside mirror and started laughing loudly exclaiming "I look funny" and then more crying as she saw a boy riding a bike on a bike path next to the road exclaiming "that's scary".
She is taking sign language at school this year and she kept signing things to me. I asked her if she wanted a jamba juice and she said yes but NO BANANAS and then started making the sign for bananas and then spelling it out alphabetically in sign. Then she pointed to a truck and proclaimed in a disgusted voice " THat is stupid" what" "THAT! factory parts express (she read off the truck) that's stupid!", then more crying as she touched her face and said it was fat and she didn't want to be fat. I told her it was just numb and she said no, she could feel it, and it was fat.
Then more laughing as she saw a liscence plate "LANALE" saying Lana, Lana, Lana Lee over and over and laughing. THen it was pointing at the spinning golden arches at Center street stoplight saying "that's cool! can you see it spinning mom? I want to ride on that thing and go around and around and …… that's stupid" what? (pointing across the street at the burger king sign) "BURGER KING!!! it's stupid" why? "Cause it's just sitting there" Then more sign language spelling out jamba juice as we turned in to get her a smoothie.
There was more crying at the pharmacy when she couldn't get the mirror to open, more crying and screaming when we pulled out onto the street and she was sure that a car almost hit us that was not anywhere close to hitting us and she cried and said "it was that (pinching her fingers) close, we're gonna die, I don't want to die" I don't want to die either Rachel, your eyes are just playing tricks on you, I'm driving carefully. I have lots of things I still want to do.
More crying and "I don't want to die, I have stuff I want to do too like go to dances and stuff!"
Finally we were home. Phew!
Her fears were alleviated later that night when she was
asked to Prom by a very tall, handsome runner....
Her friend McKay came over and knelt in front of her on one knee holding out a jamba juice and said
"now that you've lost a little wisdom... will you go to prom with me?"
She said YES and if she coulda smiled bigger....
she woulda!


2 comments:
So funny to see Rachel this way! I MISSSSSSSS her SOOOO much! I finally worked on my blog and did a year in one post! That was a lot of work! Great keeping up on yours. You are amazing! Now you just have 2 more kids right? To get their wisdom teeth out. Me too!
Haha. I remember you telling us the story after this happened but it was funny to be reminded of. Those were some strong drugs!
Post a Comment