Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Big Cheese turns 45!

The Big Cheese turned 45 in August...


We made this yummy cake our neice Ava had made at a family BBQ that is so Easy and so good
1 Angel food cake mix
1 Can crushed pineapple WITH the juice
Mix and bake and pour in 13x9 pan
Bake @350ยช 
not sure how long.... think we started with 15-20 min and just kept checking til it was done
After it's cool-
Cover with cool whip
(She used Cool Whip pourable frosting but we didnt' have any. Both are yum!)
And top with any fruit that sounds yummy.
We used strawberries.  
We stuck a star candle because 45 candles just take WAY too long to light and when I tried 40 candles a few years ago, it actually set off my smoke alarm... and sang him the Happy Birthday song
but....
he was looking at it like Why would you make this for my birthday....
It's not HIS favorite
He got a big smile on his face when
I came in with a single slice of bday cake I bought at 
Their Madagascar vanilla White cake is "to die for" and he LOVES store bought white cake.

He is always so fun to watch open presents.  
He makes the kids grin as he makes a big deal out of opening their presents.






All the kids LOVED the fruity angel food cake. 


They were sad when it was all gone-



and said next time, I should make 2!


No comments: