Monday, September 9, 2013

Raingutter Regatta

I don't even know when this was.... 
That's how bad my "keeping up" skills are but I know I was there
and I know he was adorable.
oh wait... I just remembered a conversation I had with my friend Amy which makes me think it was before school was out???? 
Maybe april or May 2013????


We've never been to one of these before.  I think when Jake was in cub scouts, we were out of town when they held the raingutter regatta. 
It's a lot less competitive than the pinewood derby. 
I'm not anti-pinewood derby, those are fun too.  (except when there's cheating... )


 Mark and Mason worked on the boat together.  


That's the whole point of the raingutter regatta and the pinewood derby isn't it?
To give boys and their dads a project to undertake together. 


I'm glad Mark took advantage of the opportunity.


If he hadn't--
 we wouldn't have this smile.
In my current state of busyness I am trying to remember that there is
not much better than that in this world.