The Cast list has been posted for the Spring play at our local Junior High....
Happy Day at our house as there were Two Boca's on the list. Carly is Golde: The mother. When she went to the original tryouts she was worried she would be cast as Golde because of her past experience as the mother in Hansel and Gretyl. The part she really wanted was the oldest daughter who marries the tailor; "Tzeitel". She came home from the first reading HOPING for Golde. She said after doing some read throughs she loved the character and hoped, hoped, hoped she would be cast as the mother and when she saw her name second from the top next to "Golde" she was overjoyed.
Rachel has been cast as Tevye and Golde's youngest daughter so she isn't one of the three that get married but she'll be on stage alot with the family and she is very pleased. She really didn't want a bigger part than that. She and Carly think it's SO funny they are mother and daughter. I'm glad they are able to have these opportunities to create memories together.
9 comments:
Can a grandma burst her buttons??? We are so proud of you girls. Thank you Mark and Jamie for raising these children with a "CAN DO" attitude! This is great! the verification word is 'Phaur'...you can all go 'phaur'!
Golde is a HUGE part!! That's sooooooooooo exciting. Plus she gets to sing one of my favorite songs "Do You Love Me?"
With lyrics like these:
"Do I love you?
For twenty-five years I've washed your clothes
Cooked your meals, cleaned your house
Given you children, milked the cow
After twenty-five years, why talk about love right now?"
How can you go wrong?
Word Verification term: Dingly
AWESOME!!!! Nathan would love it! He and I have watched Fiddler 3 times this month. We love it. I'll have to try to take him to the show. Congratulations to your girls!!
Maury.
she loves that song. It's a "dingly" little tune!
aprilyn.
I have a feeling we will be watching it 3 times in the next month. It began this weekend of course.
everyone: Rachel's name in the play is "Bielke". Her name in Hansel and Gretyl was Ingrid. She wants better names but otherwise she's happy. I told her to count her blessings.. In Carly's first play she was simply "The woodcutter's wife".
Yea Carly and Rachel. I am so proud of you.
Word verification: boingi
Your girls are so talented & involved. - love it! You will have to let us know when tickets go on sale!
Congradulations!!! I don't remember much about Fiddler on the Roof , but I know the "do I love you" song and I love it. Congradulations to Carly and Rachel, by Rachel's 9th grade year, she'll have her own production company the way she's going!
Congrats to your girls! I love Fiddler on the Roof - it might be my favorite musical. I love "Do you love me," so sweet. & Sunrise, Sunset - talk about a bawl-fest. Can you imagine your little girl singing Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small? Tell Rachel I think her name is cute. Not as cute as Ingrid, but still cute. I'd consider both names if we ever have another girl. So, when's the play? I want to come up for it!
end of march. I'll have to find out the exact performance days but I believe it wil be 20, 21, 23rd
Post a Comment