Mason got the first date to Carl's Jr. He was so excited when I told him we were going to have our date. We were going for lunch and would head straight to school afterwards. He fixed his hair all by himself and picked out his clothes. I got distracted talking on the phone and thought maybe we weren't going to have enough time so I thought about telling him we'd do it another day but when I saw him all dressed up I couldn't do it. I decided we'd make it work.
He was SOO cute. He kept exclaiming in a happy to the extreme, excited voice "I can't believe it! It's my first date! I'm so excited! Do I look good mom?"

Yes he did!!!
His prize was a little deck of cards for playing "war" from the animated movie Coraline. He was really bummed out because it wasn't very "exciting" like a bobblehead clone wars yoda action figure.....for example. I changed his mind however when I exclaimed, "wow! it's like they knew we were having our date today and they gave you the perfect prize. It's a game we can play together on our date!". We did play too. We played several rounds of "war". After that he went off to play on his own in the playyard.


That was almost as fun as our card game!

5 comments:
Mason,
you did look GOOOOOOOOD! Sounds like you had a really good time!
That is so cute Jaime!! How cute to have little "dates" with your kids...what a memory for them!! And that's cute that Mason was so excited about it and had to get all dressed up!! Looks and sounds like fun!!
-Becki
What a great idea! I love how Mason got so excited. And I hope I remember your skill at making lemonade out of lemons when my kids are disappointed. Bravo!
Hey, I don't see you up in the jungle gym Jamie. You are supossed to climb up there too. The kids love it when you do. That is so cool you guys do that. I will have to remember that one. Mason looked so handsome on his "first" date. Very cute!
Mason looks quite handsome. Handsome hair!!!
Post a Comment