I'm in Kindergarten and this child starts howling hysterically....
"AHHHHHH!!!! WAHH!!!!! It smells bad! It smells really really bad!!!!
I rush over "what is wrong?" "Joey told me to smell the new eraser and it smells really bad and I can't stop smelling it! WAHHHHHHH!!!!!
I smell the eraser. It's not so terrible.
I try to calm her down. It's not working. The eraser in question is not the pink rubber kind, it's the somewhat crumbly light tan gum kind and I wonder if a crumb broke off and is up her nose. I ask her to blow. She does. More wailing. The teacher asks me to take her to the office til she calms down as the whole class is riveted on her. We go sit in the nurses office and continue to blow and cry hysterically about how "IT'S STINKY!!!! I HATE IT!!! IT SMELLS REALLY REALLY BAD!!!!! After about 10 minutes she begins to calm down and I say I bet you blew it out of your nose. She, whimpering a little and lifting her chin, says "I think we should check. You need to put your finger up there and check."
** Now that's where I draw the line****
I said as nicely as I could "I'm NOT checking. You're welcome to check but I'm Not checking."
She did.
All clear.
Back to class.
Just so you understand the TYPE of wailing going on. The little girls voice in this green bean video was about the same volume, tenor and level of shrill we were dealing with over the stinky eraser. Good times.
6 comments:
tee hee hee... :)
You have to draw the line SOMEWHERE!! :)
I am SO glad you ended up posting that story. That makes me laugh so hard. However, with 5 kids... you would think- what is one more nose to pick! ha ha
As a former teacher I remember a somewhat similar situation; ugh! I didn't even like it with my own children, esp. when it was a bunch of rose petals, or peas...that had been there a long, long time.
the word verification is 'reary'; I reary didn't yike to do it! Mom
That's where I would draw the line. That is so crazy and funny. School's out now, so you won't have to pick anyones nose except one of your kids. Ha Ha!
That is disgusting. I am right there with ya. My kids boogers are my problem that I take care of only so I am not neglecting. Someone elses kids however, their boogers are assigned to someone else!! Sorry to hear about Mark. I hope he feels better really soon.
I forgot to tell you when I read this last week, I love this story and your title. :)
Post a Comment