Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Carly's NEW man plan....

So, you may remember Carly's ambitious Man Plan from several months ago.....

She has a new Man Plan now that is somewhat more attainable I believe, but scares me just a little. I believe she's lowered her standard more than I would have liked.

I was hoping the man of her dreams would have a good education & be ambitious as to provide well for her and their future family. He would be handsome but not Too good looking as those pretty boys are more trouble than they're worth.... He would be serious where he needs to be regarding religion and work and so forth but have a great sense of humor to make her laugh during those hard times but alas... these things are not on her list.

The qualifications for catching her eye these days are slim. They involve wearing a red apron, a jaunty white hat and flashing a friendly smile as he says those romantic words....
"Welcome to In N Out. May I take your order"



I'm guessing you want a little more of this story. How did she go from wanting gravelly voiced, sultry-eyed, millionaire David Cook to any random Fast-food employee????

It's all my fault really. I'm kicking myself. An innocent lunch and she's throwing herself at burger boys.

Whilst on vacation in Sunny Southern Utah I realize there is an "IN N OUT BURGER" only 20 minutes away in St. George. Growing up in Southern California, IN N OUT Burgers and fries were a happy part of my youth. When we went to the beach or Disneyland or serious shopping we tried to stop at an In N OUT. The best burgers and fries ever. EVER! It's true. I wished to share the experience with my eldest daughters.

My mom agrees to watch the youngest 3 who I'm sure will not appreciate such burgers and fries til they are a bit older and whisk Carly and Rachel off to enjoy their first ever In N Out burger. Uncle David and Aunt Jena also came along for the ride.

They witnessed it firsthand. Uncle David tried to be the voice of reason, but to no avail.




We order. We eat. We enjoy. Carly starts begging for a 2nd hamburger.



Carly: This is the best hamburger I've ever eaten.

Me: yeah! I told you they were good!

Carly: How am I ever going to eat any other Hamburger again????

Me: you'll manage.

Carly: *look of wild delight in her eye* Do you think if I married an In N Out Burger guy I could have all the hamburgers I want??????

Uncle David: I think you'd get sick of them.

Carly: I think not!!!!!

Thus the New Man Plan is born.

I'm working on the "marry a doctor, he can buy you all the burgers you want" angle. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh to have the metabolism of a 15 year old, where you can actually eat 2 in-n-out hamburgers!

Christy said...

Maybe we should have them for dinner tonight! Yum, Carly, I'll see if there's a cute boy there for you!

Karen Brothersen said...

THAT was quality reading! Thanks Jamie! And thanks Carly!

Emily said...

Jamie, you are so funny. I have really enjoyed all these fun, summer posts. More, more!

Carly, move here & we'll go to In N Out as often as you want. Who needs a man when you have an auntie who's local & who loves those burgers as much as you do?

Judy said...

Can you believe I grew up in Sunny So Cal and have NEVER had an In N Out?! Shocking, but true. I'll have to fix that soon. As a fan, you'll be happy to know they're bringing one HERE -- well, sort of here ... I think it's going to be Riverton or someplace like that. If you want, I'll keep you posted (via my co-worker who is a HUGE HUGE fan).