Monday, July 6, 2009

Good Golly Miss Molly

This is a little peak you can see from my brother's house in Toquerville. I might never have noticed it....

if not for a small plaque outside the little historical museum in town bearing it's quirky, unusual name......


The plaque had a drawing of the mountain and read
Molly's Nipple
"It's a butte"

AND inside the museum there was a little gift store with a few trinkets to sell..... indian bead bracelets, maps, photographs of the area and a darling little wall hanging with a piece of rock glued to it with the caption "I have a piece of Molly's nipple" EWWWWWW!!!!!

Wow! Poor perky Molly. Immortalized like that. A man totally named that peak. I bet she was young. Definitely pre-childbearing years. That peak ain't sagging

The tacky jokes are endless on this one. and you can betcher sweet termaters we came up with some doozies.

What did you do this weekend? Well I got a little winded climbing Molly's nipple...

What are you looking at? Well we've got a great view of Molly's nipple from here...

I know we should be ashamed of ourselves but it was great tacky fun to be trading nipple jokes with my 15 and 13 year old daughters.

We're home now and much more respectable.

No nipple talk whatsoever.

None.

I promise.



5 comments:

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

Jamie, you funny....

Sharla said...

LOL -- you make me laugh! :)

Judy said...

Been tellin' them Molly jokes for years - in my family I think it was my Mom who first pointed out Molly's fine, perky nipple to us. Way to go mom, eh? Hah! Tacky yes, but some good fun too. Sounds like you guys had such a good time in the St. George area.

Answer to Many said...

I can see Molly's nipple right now as I read your blog! I'm in Hurricane until the end of the week. FD thinks it's hilarious too!

Jamie said...

Judy; glad I'm not the only mom to think it's hilarious and make jokes

Andrea: Make a tacky joke for me because you see I'm home now and all respectable and stuff! :)