We went to Zion's National Park with my sis-in-law Emily and her 3 girls. They know the park well and suggested we take the trail to the narrows and hike. Mom and Dad only live about 30 minutes or so from the park entrance. We parked, took the shuttle bus into the park and to the narrows trail. We had our sunscreen, we had our hats, we had our water bottles and off we went. It was beautiful and the weather was great. Not too hot to be miserable and running in sweat but warm enough to enjoy the cold water at the end of the trail, get soaked hiking up the water trail a ways and swimming where it got deep. We had a blast.
Mason is always ready to pose for a picture....
If you only knew how many I didn't take when he said "Hey mom take a picture of me"
obviously the whole group is not adverse to some posing...
It must be a family trait. Here is little cousin Cate "Aunt Jamie, you can take my picture now"

"Aunt Jamie, I have one hand"

"Aunt Jamie, I have no hands!"
Beautiful scenery
Scenery photos by Samantha and Rachel
Jacob on the shuttle
There were squirrels everywhere along the trail and we were warned with a pretty gruesome poster at the trail head of a bitten and stitched hand "NOT to feed the squirrels!" When we dropped our packs to play in the water at the trail's end we came back to them to find a squirrel scratching at them trying to get to our picnic inside. I shoo'd them away and saw lots of hikers with the same problem shooing away squirrels clawing at their packs.
Feeling triumphant after climbing up a large boulder
chillin'
The 3 oldest were climbing/ walking up the sides out of the current and jumping into the current and letting it swirl them down 10 feet where it became shallow ankle deep water again. The water was SOO cold but they talked me into trying it too.
Hold onto the rock, it gets slippery
Wheeeee!!!!


7 comments:
I was bitten by a squirrel once. They are so cute, it's hard to resist feeding them. After I was bit, but mom insisted I get tested for rabies. No rabies, but I did have to get a tetanus shot.
ouch!!!!
Not so cute. Dang squirrels.
I LOVE Zion. It is just so awesome there. And I love that you went on the current, too. They'll remember that forever!
We were thinking about camping out at Zions this summer. That looks like fun!!!
I'm glad you had fun.
That was such a fun day. Way to make your kids proud. & thanks again for sharing your footwear with me!
How fun! Those are the fun memories your family will always remember! P.S. Loved the video! ;)
Zion's is my most favorite-ist place in the whole world. There is a spirit in Zion's that's hard to describe. Loved the pics and GOOD JOB on the water current ride! Someday when I'm skinny I'm going to hike the Narrows - wanna join me? (hehe)
Post a Comment