My sister was very busy with the needle and thread this holiday season. Each of my kids got an apron with fabric that matches their personality for Christmas and I got one for my birthday. Maury was so thoughtful with her color and pattern choices. I love pink but I have a red kitchen so I thought a pink apron was out but look what she did. She found a red on pink fabric that i love and even incorporated polka dots which have been a fashion fave of mine since I was 16 and started swiping my mom's red and white polka dot dress to wear to church.

It's hard to tell what Jacob's is from this picture but the main print looks like the stitching of a baseball and the pocket has little tiny baseballs all over. His little league team is the "cubs" with red and blue uniforms.

These girls LOVE their colors and patterns. So cute!

Samantha is sporting daisies in her 2 new favorite colors: purple and Yellow and how can you go wrong for Mason with Lightning McQueen? He's absolutely thrilled that his apron matches his new Lightning McQueen snowboots from Grandma. Tonight when I started to prepare dinner (Italian chili and rolls) he threw on his apron and asked how he could help. He drained canned beans in the colander. He helped me measure wheat into the grinder. He borrowed a can opener from the neighbors when mine refused to work (Thanks shelly) He measured flour into the mixing bowl and threw away egg shells. He unwrapped bouillon cubes and then said "Mom, can I quit helping you now???" I untied his apron and he put it away for another day...
It was great help while his stamina held.
(Thanks Auntie Maury)
3 comments:
I'm glad you all like them. I sure had fun making them.
What a good-lookin' cookin' crew! Just don't wear them out...the kids I mean, working those long tedious hours slaving in the kitchen, maybe even staining those darling aprons! No! No! a thousand times NO!!! Good job Maury!
word ver: 'seval' There are seval cute people in those pictures!!!
So cute! Great job, Maurs!!
Post a Comment