Friday, January 29, 2010

I went with the chicken pot pie

Thank you to all who sent suggestions. I almost went with the turkey chili Maurs' but my beans were dry and my afternoon of running kids around didn't jive well with pressure cooking my beans. So I started in on the chicken pot pie because I had all the needed ingredients. I actually have a great recipe for chicken pot pie with a pie crust with potato flakes and Parmesan cheese that smells like goldfish crackers when it's cooking. yummy. I had just forgotten about it.

I have decided I need to start a project. I need to make myself a recipe index that is categorized by ingredient. So if I have hamburger I look at all the dinner ideas and recipes I have for hamburger, if I want to use up some cooked chicken I look under cooked chicken, etc.

I'm definitely putting all your ideas under cooked chicken. Thank you so much!

1 comment:

Jenafer Lowe said...

Any chance you can email me the chicken pot pie recipe? Sounds amazing! Maybe I can win over your little brother, he claims he doesn't care for Chicken Pot Pie, not to say I don't believe him but, I just don't get it. It's like a little pie for dinner that is so good!
Word Verification: porewea as in "Porewea" Jena, she doesn't get to have any Chicken Pot Pie because her husband doesn't know he likes it yet!