Sunday, May 2, 2010

THE BIG CHEESE HAS DONE IT!!!

Captain's final log: Star Date 5/1/10

I did it. I survived 120 hours without food. I'm too busy eating now so I really don't have a whole lot of time to type. I lost my passion for blogging. It was short lived. Something to occupy my time, I guess, during the suffering.
Some of you may be wondering how days 4 and 5 went. Here is a summary---

Day 4 - was going great until I went to the supermarket with Jamie. She was over in the womanly aisle where no man would ever be caught. The next aisle over was where they kept the dog food so that's where I was, and no we do NOT have a dog. She came over to get me as I was standing there staring at a can marked "Strips with Gravy" with the subtitle "Turkey and Bacon". Man did that sound good! I asked her why they have to make dog food sound so good, after all it's not like the dogs are going to read it. I was losing it.
I noticed that all day long I was freezing! I hardly ever get cold. Jamie said it's because I wasn't eating. I sat next to the fireplace with it blowing full blast.

Day 5 - Woke up renewed and refreshed ready to take on the day, until I had to get out of bed. I took my morning 19 pills and my fiber fortification powder and was good to go. I was still very very cold all day long. I had a really hard time thinking clearly and concentrating at times. Kind of weird huh?

The outcome:

1) I lost 8.3 pounds (that really is not to impressive considering I'm probably going to gain 1-2 pounds back my first week of eating again and a couple years ago when I started exercising and eating right I lost 7 pounds my first week and then 5 pounds the second week)

2) Would I ever do it again? YES, after I get Alzheimer's Disease

3) I'm ready to be private again. I decided I don't really care much for blogging.


So long cyberspace


6 comments:

GMDonna said...

Now Mark don't stop blogging. I soo enjoyed reading about your experiences!! You are still as funny as ever! You always made me laugh. And I can imagine you reading the dog food labels and getting hungry!! I am sure with your walking and watching what you eat that you will be able to take off some more weight and be ready for that trek. But keep writing once, as you have a talent for it and it also makes me laugh!! Lv ya, Mom

Emily said...

We'll miss you Mark. Thanks for this small glimpse into your private world.

Julie said...

Need some homemade OREOS now??? They are really good!!! Maybe I need to try that diet so I can cure my sweet tooth. I thought of drinking V8 juice only for 5 days to cure my cravings for sweets. Maybe it will. Loved reading your blogs, you are pretty good at it Mark

Wendy said...

Wow Mark. Much more impressive than drinking a bottle of hot sauce. We can't believe you survived on water and pills!!!

Roberts Family said...

This was so entertaining to read!! I laughed the hardest when you were at the dog food aisle! Amazing what you are willing to eat when are deprived of something so needed. I have 3 words for you...Word of Wisdom. Wisdom being the key word - haha :-) (jk) You're awesome for having the guts to stick to it!

The Gubler Family said...

You can't quit blogging. I have never laughted so hard before in my life. I am so empressed with you for doing this. It takes a lot of guts. I couldn't have done it.